Side effects

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have been on 10mg now for 8 weeks, im now feeling more anxious than ever, im hot then cold, i cant sleep properly and wake sooooo panicky. i dont know if i can keep this up and think i need to get off them, my dr is away and im in a bit of a bind. help i need some advice

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi x I'm on 12 weeks and feeling the same as you x I'm on 40mg though so nowhere else to go. you have the option of increasing and seeing of that makes you feel any better. it's best discussed with your doctor obviously so is their another gp you can see for a bit of advice? it can take 12 before you notice anything x their are some brilliant people on here who have really good advise and have kept me going so hopefully they will be along soon and give you some advise.

I think you should keep going until you speak to your doc. don't go cold Turkey whatever you do x

• Posted

Are you taking them at night in the morning? Are you eating anything? if not try and eat something, anything. May i ask what you are taking them for? I took 10-mg citilapram for acute anxiety for 3-months. The first 6-8 weeks were 100x worse then before i took them hang in there. It does get better. Try and take a five minute walk if you can . There is an app called calm that has 5-10 minute meditations that helped me a lot. I also tried acupuncture and it worked wonders for me.

• Posted

i take them for anxiety and i take them in morning, i eat ok, its just driving me nuts and im finding it hard to do my job

• Posted

Try taking them at night. That should help a lot. Also see if your doctor would consider giving you some meds for acute anxiety during the really tough times. Some won't but some will. Hopefully yours will. If you are able to get out and go to work you're doing good. So many including myself during the first few weeks are not able to even do that so give yourself a bit of a break and a pat on the back. This stuff is hard. It takes months to overcome. I did everything I possibly could to heal myself talk therapy, accupuncture. yoga, short walks, meditation. energy healing, you name it and I tried it. I would say the accupuncture and talk therapy worked the best for me but everyone is different. Good luck and don't give up. You are not alone. These forums were so helpful for me during the most difficult time of my anxiety.

• Posted

thank you for your advice, i have been dealing with this for 5 years only with psychology but thought i would give the tablets a go, its really hard as i have a fear of the tablets themselves but have pushed through and done it. work is better some days than others but i have been off today and prob will be tomorrow. i will try the night dose instead on the weekend and see how it goes. thanks again

• Posted

Yes, see if theyll give you a benzo. I take Xanax as needed (which is usually 2-3 times a day) along with the meds.

• Posted

Taking it at night made a HUGE difference for me. Hope that helps you as well. There are alternative treatments such as homeopathic doctors as well. I also saw a Homeopath during that time and that helped a lot. I would try anything and everything you can. You will be happy again. Just don't give up, keep trying every day to find one thing that makes you smile if even for a moment. Maybe its just knowing you're not alone today 😃

• Posted

Im on week 16 and still feel all of that. Up dosing only made mine worse, so dont be too quick to go up. I take it for anxiety and my anxiety has been 100 times worse than before the meds. Everyone says to give it time, so maybe keep going for at least another month or so before you do anything. Good luck. We're here for you!

• Posted

i cant see myself doing this for another month or two if no improvement, its effecting my job now

• Posted

I said the same thing but here I am. I just moved my dose to night time to see if that will help my mornings. We'll see. Im on day 3 of the switch now. Mornings are awful!

• Posted

i will be keen to see how that turns out. my dr told me i would feel a numb feeling lol right now im like geez numb me already!!!

• Posted

Ive also started CBD oil and reduced my dose from 30mg to 25mg, so Im hoping one of those brings some improvement. Taking meds makes me anxious, too, which isnt helpful when youre taking them to make you less anxious!

• Posted

i know it is stupid, i get angry at myself but cant shake the feeling, good news is i will never become addict lol, im just hanging in there and see what happens. i do have an appointment in morning with a gp but i feel more confident in my psychiatrist but he is away till end of august, so hoping gp has some knowledge.

• Posted

everything you describe ive had reducing as it shakes up your central nervous system and increases anxiety, start up also does this x

• Posted

how great would it be if we just knew how long the yuck period would last for, things are so much better with time frames. thats what makes anxiety such a crap diagnosis. oh well as the motto goes just got to keep on keeping on

• Posted

thats the best attitude to have lovely, i didnt even have anxiety until withdrawal x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.