Side effects

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have been on 10mg now for 8 weeks, im now feeling more anxious than ever, im hot then cold, i cant sleep properly and wake sooooo panicky. i dont know if i can keep this up and think i need to get off them, my dr is away and im in a bit of a bind. help i need some advice

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

saw my gp today who was concerned about my tremor and wants me to cease the citalopram and move across to mirtazapine so i guess i will follow her advice

• Posted

tremors are normal with cit.now by changing meds you are going to get withdrawals from cit .and start ups from mirt.you are going to feel alot worse .best regards.ps.your tremors will subside .i had tremors in my hands n leg.

• Posted

so in tanias case the mirt aint going to stop her tremors they will continua from cit withdrawals

• Posted

i have significant tremors, little sleep, highly agitated, blurry vision and im 9 weeks in now, i dont feel that a better option is taking benzos as well if i was going to rely on them i never would have tried the cirt, you dont know mirt wont help and i find your comment a little rude and unsupportive lois. i have no choice but to go on my doctors advice if i could have fixed this myself i would have already

• Posted

it has nothing with been rude or been unsupportive .stopping one med cold turkey just because your doctos saysand starting a new med without weaning is insane.my horrible doctors had me just like you from one med to the other with no relief .we are here to tell our truth from experience.for crying out loud.i suffered severely from meds and never did i question or let alone tell a person posting they where rude or unsupportive.

• Posted

tania what did you go on cit for? are you swapping to mirt or planning on taking it with cit? ive been on mirt 3 times, at doses below 30mg it helps with sleep, it helped my depression lots, the only downside is the weight gain x

• Posted

her gp advise her to cease cit and go on mirt.because her phychiatrist is gone until august.

• Posted

toria are swaps of two different classifications of meds consider a swap??

• Posted

i had all that you describe but worst for34 weeks i suffered .yuck

• Posted

lois i was on cit mirt and amit at the same time once 😦 x

• Posted

wow toria i cant even tolarate one.i could not imagine three at the same time

• Posted

I was on 50mg sertraline and my tremors were horrible but when i change to 10mg flouxetine, in few weeks it subsided. I think the higher the dose the more intense tremors.

Has anyone experience fullness of ear as side effect? It has been 4-6 weeks since i started flouxetine but it doesn't go away...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.