Side effects after 4 weeks

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I've been taking 20 mg Fluoxetine for 4 weeks for anxiety and agoraphobia. Several times I have thought about stopping due to side effects and I'm just not sure whether to stick it out. My main problem is digestive issues - occasional loose stools, stomach ache, nausea and generally just feeling ill. They seem to come and go and some days are worse than others. Last night I woke up after a few hours sleep and just felt really awful - very jittery, anxious, upset stomach and my head, arms and legs feel very strange - not even sure how to describe them! I've had to phone in sick at work and still feel very weird now. Also have sweaty palms and feel as though my body can't cope with heat. Are these effects likely to go away? I want to ideally give it longer as I know it can take a couple of months before it starts to work, but can't cope if the side effects continue. Any advice?

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Talla-

I'm on my fourth week as well, 20 mg too.  i'm having really bad nausea and it just is debilitating sometimes.  I've only thrown up a few times but most of the time i don't and I just wish I could so I could feel better. I've had some terrible bouts of irritability and anger.  My left arm feels weird.  Heavy like someone mentioned. It's like a weird growing pain.   I've also had to pee like every minute but obviously i'd take that over nausea so...

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.  I'm just trying to tell myself this will all be worth it.  I just can't wait for the side effects to stop.  I go see my doctor next week for a check up. When I started it she said she's probably up my dosage the next time she saw me so we'll see how that goes.  

I wish you the best and hope you feel better, physically and mentally. 

-Dawn

• Posted

Thanks Dawn. I am in bed today as I had food poisoning last night - literally thought I was going to die! All I could think was there's no way I'm going to hospital (agoraphobia ) - I'll just die here on the bathroom floor! I started thinking it could be all caused by the Fluoxetine but I think that's just the anxiety causing stupid thoughts. Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.