Side Effects Due to PPI Medication?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I have been taking PPI in my 9th day now. I am starting to have back pains,side pains and vomiting. Is this due to side effects of the medication. I am taking Nexium now.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had the same reaction with PPI s worst thing was upper back pain and my GP did change it to the other one but that did not work either I was fine for couple of months on them but then they never worked for me
    • Posted

Sorry to hear this Samy. Did your back pains settle? If you are not on PPIs what are you on now?
    • Posted

I'm not on any PPI s back pain is still there mostly I get it in the afternoon when my stomach is empty but I'm taking high potency accidophilus and natural yogurt on top aswell

• Posted

But if I take PPI s it makes the pain worse really bad and all day I tried different ways when I used to skip them for a day or so I was fine no pain and when I was taking them back again next day I was getting the pain
    • Posted

Sammy3! 3years ago I came back home, to end my days, retire! Been having nothing but health problems! Started on PPI's! All of them, coughing, chocking, lumps in throat, muscle pains, spasms, knackered, you don't have enough acid, Google it? PPI's are nasty, ask a pharmacy /!!!!  Good luck. 

• Posted

Thanks Frederick I know u always have less acid which cause these issues I'm not on any PPI s at the moment do u take anything to manage ur symptoms?

• Posted

Samy, I feel trapped between a rock and a hard place! Take a PPI and problems, don't take a PPI problems, increase stomach acid with Enzyme Digest tablets etc problems! The pains in my stomach and back are debilitating, I won't be able to function soon, in 3 years iv gone from playing squash, running, gym, mountain walking, to just about managing to cut the grass!!!!!  My stomach is so bloated, distended and painful, I give up, GP doesn't want to know. 

• Posted

Hi Frederick have u got endoscopy done or colonscopy to rule out what's the cause behind it I have stomach gastritis which been diagnosed through endoscopy PPI s worked for a little while then they started giving me really bad back pain so I stopped them slowly and gradually I'm taking high potency accidophilus and fresh Greek yoghurt ..plus another member here on the forum Jonathan who got over on his reflux used the therapy of sparking water I'm using his therapy which is helping

• Posted

U get reflux bcs ur spintcher becomes loose so his sparkling water therapy is for that to make spintcher tighter...for that they use linx surgery now
    • Posted

Samy, iv had a camara down, and nothing wrong! Iv stopped taking the PPI's my stomach muscles are in spazams 24hrs, I suffer Anxiety and stress which doesn't help, I like my lager ( at night)  to help my stress which doesn't help. 

• Posted

Frederick there s always a reason behind anxiety when I was diagnosed with graves disease in 2016 an overactive thyroid problem I did get depression and anxiety out of no where but it was before they diagnosed me once they put me on thyroid medication I was 100% fine and few months after Igor this gastritis so ask ur GP for further testing and do yoga to relax itself or listen to ur favourite music to keep ur mind out of stress if u need any help regarding ur reflux we r all here to help each other
    • Posted

Samy, I could write a book on Anxiety, stress and depression!!!!!!!  Are not the same, I am not deprest, after 50+years of fighting, no help from the medical profession, no tablets target Anxiety directly, they peddle SSRI's for depression claiming they help Anxiety, no in my experience, only Diazepam increases GABA directly, but is more addictive than heroin, 20+ years they kept me on it without a reduction program, I come home to end my days in the mountains of wales, and they put me on the program, 3 years down the road still addicted. I meditate, got apps on my phone, head space, I'm tired of fighting, I'm loosing, bad thoughts are creeping in. 

• Posted

Tina, my experience with PPI's is nothing but negative, I have pains any and everywhere, cramps, spazams, read up on not enough stomach acid!!!  Do the Bicarb Soda test, don't take any PPI pills for 4,5 days, then first thing qthe morning mix a heaped teaspoon off Bicarbonate of Soda in a small glass of water  and neck it down in one!! Then time how long before you burp! Under 3mins? To much acid, over 3mins not enough stomach acid, I don't burp at all! But,!!???  The big but is? You get physcologicaly addicted to them. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.