Side effects from Apixaban

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have been on apixaban for a month, most days I feel a slight sickness, feel dizzy and have a headache and ferl slightly anxious.

Tonight all these feeling have been really bad, I have felt really ill for about 4 hours. Anyone else have these side effects from apixaban?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I hope things work out for you.... I have been on warfarin with my first dvt and  it certainly was not giving me the issues I  have with apixaban.....Good Luck.   smile 
  • Posted

about a month ago I was in the hospital for a bilateral PE, and my doctor put me on Eliquis for a blood thinner. I haven't had any major problems aside from occasional discomfort below my sternum, but lately I haven't been sleeping well and I noticed on Monday that I had a slight amount of blood in my stool, but after a few days I had no bleeding. my doc says I'm ok after I went in to him complaining of symptoms similar to when I had PE but the tests came out negative. should I be worrying this much being on Eliquis?

• Posted

I'm 27 years old btw

• Posted

Are you on it for three months which is recommended by the drug company that makes Eliquis? When I put this post I put on here it was a horrible night, I felt so ill and never took another tablet. If you do not have any adverse reaction now and only taking it for three months then carry on. It screwed up my nervous system completely, I have not recovered yet.

• Posted

no, doc says I need to be on it for life.

• Posted

It is unusual for a first PE and do young. Did you ask what natural things you could do to keep healthy.

• Posted

I know exercising is one, plus eating healthier. my diet isnt that great to begin with, and I've been trying to lay off the fast food but I cant bring myself to eat greens for some reason.

• Posted

Greens are not the be all and end all of health, I know these days it is pushed down our throats. Check out foods and supplements as natural anticoagulants. Nattokinase, bromelain etc., These foods and supplements cannot be taken with drug anticoagulants as they can make you bleed as they could thin the blood too much.

Discuss with your doctor and explain being so young, it is not good to spend the rest of your life on these drugs although, doctors nearly always go down the drug route as that is how they make their money.

Educate yourself and make your decision based on the information gained. Also, read reviews of the drugs get other people reactions to them.

• Posted

exactly same feeling with me after 1 month.Did you try to reduce dosage , say 1/2 tab at night .

• Posted

I stopped taking it without reducing. I went to see my GP and told him how bad I felt, he offered me warfarin, I refused, he said "you are taking a risk" I acknowledged this, he said "get some ginger root and make tea with it".

I drink water, exercise and take supplements, especially bromelain that are good for thinning the blood and still have a cup of ginger tea before bed.

• Posted

exactly same feeling with me after 1 month.Did you try to reduce dosage , say 1/2 tab at night .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.