side effects of 1 ovary being removed??

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice... I am having surgery in 3 weeks to remove a 11cm complex ovarian cyst. It needs to be tested once removed. I had a CT scan which showed no cancer around the ovary and cyst but they told me the final test is to test the cyst once removed. My CA125 was 59. I'm so worried about the whole situation I'm only 25 and have a 10 week old baby that currently is not taking bottles so I don't know what I am going to do when I'm in hospital for surgery sad anyway I also am having my right ovary remove so does anyone know the side effects of this o has anyone been through this that can tell me what to expect? Thanks

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my right ovary and tube removed last June 2017, I had a ruptured cyst, when they took it out, the ob doctor accidentally punctured holes in my intestine, I began to bleed out and they had to call in a colon rectal surgeon to stop the bleeding and put stitches on the holes. I have another big cyst on my left ovary and they are watching it because theyay have to take out my left ovary and tube.
  • Posted

Hi Becky,

I know there's been a gap of three years but I am having almost the smilier situation like you plus I have one polyp in my uterus. Ovarian cyst on my left ovary size in 10cm. My CA is 62 so I am on the borderline. And my surgery is in next three weeks. I think this is the most stressful time of my life. But I am happy I found this site. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.