Side effects of solifenacin, anyone else struggling and does it work?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I had TVT surgery in September but unfortuneately my problem has increased.  My consultant has now stated that he thinks its an over active bladder and has started me on solifenacin twice a day.  It doesnt seem to be making any difference at all.  Anybody had any experience of this drug.  Also not sure if its a side effect but my urine smells very unpleasent and is cloudy, should this be happening?  Thasnk you in advance. x

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi....i was on Vesicare for months. At first it worked, but after a while it seemed to slow down. I hated taking it because all it really seemed to do was dry my mouth out. Horrible. I was put on another which i can't remember the name of but they gave me terrible palpitations so i stopped them after a couple of weeks. 

My doctor finally refered me to the hospital at the begining of this year where after a barrage of tests was told that not only did i have an over active bladder but that it was abnormally small as well! They promised me i'd "be dry for christmas"

My low point came after i'd walked round a supermarket and could feel myself wetting myself. There was nothing i could do to stop myself. The thought of being like that forever more......iI went home and cried....

A month ago i had my first botox treatment. I know it's going to be ongoing but it's changed my life already. I can actually hang on!! I can go to bed and snuggle up to my husband without being padded up to the eyeballs!! I can relax...it takes some getting used to.

Know one on here should ever give up. Go back to your doctors and keep nagging them. None of us should resign ourselves to a humiliating life in pads. I'm 47 n there was no way i'm spending the next 30 odd years like that. We all deserve a good quality of life.

Good luck n go back n see your doctor. Try n swop your meds x 

• Posted

I am so glad to here the Botox works as that is my next step after I get the TVT mesh removed if I can that is.  And I was so scared as i was promiced to be dry for this Christmas but not dry and in agony.  I do not trust my consultant so it's hard for me to go threw the motion with her at the moment    Really pleased for you x
    • Posted

Hi Claire,

Long time no speak unable to get online broadband useless here! do hope you can get tape removes successfully soon. As i said before luckily mine is ok. Finally I have got on to Betmiga. Been on it for nearly a month and so far so good no side effects that I had with antichlogernics Vesicare etc. Time will tell!s. I do believe you have to fight for what you want, and surely you could ask to be referred to another consultant if you don't have faith in the present one. We are supposed to have choice these days they keep telling us!

Good luck I hope the coming year will see you much improved.

Patx

• Posted

Hi pat.  I have had a private transvaginal and translabial ultrasound and it has partially eroded on the right,  has a kink in it on the right and right arm not in right place which makes it not central.  So my GP sending me for a 2nd opinion and I have email contact with the second opinion consultant With any questions I have and how he speaks to me when I am really bad or feeling down.  Changed all my meds now and I am comfortable.  Glad it is workin for you and all in control. L&l claire xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.