Side effects please help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I have been on venlafaxine a total of 8 weeks. 2 weeks 75mgs, 2 weeks 150mgs and 4 weeks 225mgs. I am still feeling tired and have constant headaches/ head tension. It’s helped with my anxiety and depression a little but the tierdness and headaches are making me feel low. I spend a lot of time laying down and doing nothing as I feel unwell with these symptoms. Paracetamol doesn’t seem to help and I keep drinking water but it makes no difference. I do feel that if the tiredness and headaches went I would actually feel better. I guess my question is should I give it longer? I’m seeing pysch soon and unsure if I should change or give the venlafaxine more time for these symptoms/side effects to go. Has anyone else experienced this or needed longer than 4 weeks on a dose increase to feel relief? 

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Vicki, I've just read on another thread that you're on immediate release and are taking 225 in one go? This is why you're suffering so much! The immediate release tablets last less than 12 hours so you've got a huge dose in one hit and then you've got nothing in your system for 12 hours. You'll be practically having withdrawals on a daily basis! Have you changed the way you take it since then? If I was you I would take 75mg three times a day and I bet you'd soon start to feel a lot better xx

• Posted

Ok, so I just read another post where you said you've been changed to extended release lol. Fingers crossed you start to feel better over the next week then. No wonder you'd been feeling so bad on instant 225's!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.