Skin hanging from vagina, what is it ? *Pics*

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi !

Ever since I've had kids (both vaginal deliveries with tears) my vagina has been looking very different.

i have these weird skin bits hanging from the opening and it's making me very self conscious.

It's not painful or anything, and hasn't change appearance in years, just not aesthetically pleasing.

I've seen 2 gynecologists who told me everything looks normal down there, for someone who's had babies, but it doesn't look like a "normal" vulva too me...

Any idea what it could be?

How do i her rid of this ?

thanks!!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

it looks normal specially after having children it never goes bck to how it was before the skin is the vaginal opening and its normal to look like that theres nothing that can really b done to fix it

• Posted

there is no normal as vaginas look different i mean wat is considered normal

• Posted

Thank you Kim !

i know all vaginas look different but I've never seen anything like mine with extra skin sticking out like this...

What do you mean by "vaginal opening" ? It looks like extra pieces of flesh have grown there, it wasn't like that before having kids, is that the torn skin from the deliveries?

• Posted

its just the skin has loosened after child birth its nothing to worry about iv had 4 children and put it this way it look like donner kabab meat between a pitta bread down there now lol

• Posted

its nothing thats grown its wat was already there before but before having children it would have been tighter and more tucked inside when having children it over stretches and pushes outwartds and that skin never goes back to how it was before

• Posted

Thanks so much Kim, you're hilarious, yes a kebab is what i look like down there too !!!

I'm reassured and feel less alone!!

• Posted

😂 funny but true lol but on a serious note unfortunatly its something that comes along with having children and we just have to put up with it do your pelvic floor excercises even after having children its still important it keeps every tight in there

• Edited

imageimageimage

ok, this is embarrassing for me but i've read through loads of post and still not clear.

I have not had sex in a year and noticed this fleshy like appearance on my vagina. I don't know how long it has been like this as I have never really checked before.

I've been seeing things like genital warts but don't know how I could have got them as I am not sexually active.

Are these 'growths' normal or should I be worried.

• Posted

hi kaddy,

Got your message- I think you've something similar, which are prominent vaginal skin folds.

Adhari

• Posted

Hi Adhari,

Thanks for your response. That's a relief! I was getting worried!

Thank you!

• Posted

I had a baby too and I have all this extra skin on the bottom and it's not a prolapse and they told me theres nothing wrong but it never used to look like this !! they told me I was crazy I'm 6 months postpartum and it bulges out when I'm sitting on the toilet. what's wrong or is this just what happens after a baby please help.

• Posted

Looks absolutely normal. No need to worry at all. Has it changed at all in the last 6 months?

• Posted

Looks absolutely normal. No need to worry at all. Has it changed at all in the last 6 months?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.