Skin thread attached to the back of penis head

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had this since forever and lately I started to wonder(i'm 21) what's with the skin attached to the penis head because it affects me from having my penis fully erect,it never really caused any major problems but I think it also affects the circulation of my penis and I think it would bother me if I have sex(still a virgin) I thought this was normal but I did some research and turns out its not,do I need to get circumcised to remove that lump of skin?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's normal for uncircumcised males. It's the frenulum. What makes you think it isn't normal? Where did you research it? If the US, then maybe many circumcisers remove it, but for those of us in Europe who mostly remain intact, it helps keep the foreskin in place, covering our glans.

• Posted

should I leave it like this or not,I feel like my penis cant get fully erect because of it
    • Posted

Your penis looks fine as it is. You won't have any difficulty having sex with a partner.

• Posted

I don't know what research you did, but that's the penile frenulum, and is normal, though yours seems to continue further down the shaft than usual.  If you think it's too tight, then you might have "frenulum breve", which can be treated with stretching, steroid creams, or minor surgery eg frenuloplasty.  It may not need treatment at all.  I'd strongly recommend against circumcision.

• Posted

yeah its to tight so is normal to have that skin thread attached to the penis head?
    • Posted

but I'd like to do something to fix that,I dont like the tightness I mean I think it would be much better for circulation.

• Posted

If you're worried, then you should see a doctor, and I'd take your phone to show them the pics of what it looks like when erect.

You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

You won't get any improvement in circulation if it is removed. You won't get any extra length if it is removed. You will be paying for a cosmetic procedure quite unnecessarily. But, hell, it's your body - you can do what you like.

Do you also tend to be obsessive in other areas of your life btw ?

• Posted

The frenulum is normal. If it is a problem there are other solutions available. Talk to your doctor. I advise against circumcision, this can create more problems. 
    • Posted

the only yproblem would be that I cant stretch my penis correctly because of that thread,I would only like to detach that thread from my penis head.
    • Posted

So effectively you want to make yourself abnormal !

All other men who have not had circumcision or surgery have this feature on the underside of their penis. Mine does not prevent satisfactory masturbation or intercourse. It doesn't hurt when I fully retract my foreskin when I'm either soft or hard. 

• Posted

well I will leave it like that for now since I had no major problem yet
    • Posted

Even i'm experiencing the same problem.it doesnt let me have the full erection.

when my pennis get errected  without my skin folded back,it gives me full erection.

but when the skin is folded back,i'm not getting full erection due to this freenulum.

And i even find it harder to masterbate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.