Skipping beats??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Not been on for a while, but past few days my heart feels fluttery.. it’s hard to explain.. like it feels like it stops then starts quickly again and it’s beating so hard. I’ve had ecg and it came back notmal, is this anxiety as anyone else had this before? Xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes yes yes sometimes hu deeds of times a day sometimes none sometimes a few mine started doing that about 10 years ago its definitely scary I know
    • Posted

It only lasts a few seconds of that but it’s a awful feeling it makes me cough really hard asif it’s my cough that start so my heart again. It’s so scary xx
  • Posted

Don't worry about it my son has

This it's anxiety you've had tests done and there ok x

• Posted

The tests was a few week ago now I’m just worried they my ha e missed something or it’s only just starting. Its crazy what anxiety can do to us xx
    • Posted

Hi!! I have the samething!! But it jas made me collapse a couple times... Doc always says its anxiety. Have you been checked by a cardiologist?
    • Posted

Hi, no I haven’t been seen by a cardiologist, they did the ecg and all the blood work and everything was fine. I’m just scared my heart will just stop beating. X
    • Posted

While to maybe help you put your mind at ease if it was going to do it it would just do it. But it could also be good to get a referral to a Cardiologist and get a heart monitor set so that when you feel those skip to beats they could record it for you because if you kg doesn't do anything but Record 12 seconds

• Posted

Would I just see my gp for a referral? Lucky she’s really good and will do anything to put my mind at ease xx
    • Posted

Yes!!! She will give you one. Ive had a couple done when I went into Afib. There are 2 different types of monitors. A 24hour or the event monitor which is a 10 day one. I would ask for that one. Its more reliable.
    • Posted

Can I ask what afib is please?  I’m going to ring my doctors first thing in the morning, even if there’s nothing wrong it might put my mind at ease xx
    • Posted

Heart palpitations are a symptom.... Hints why Im scared to death, everytine I have a flutter
    • Posted

Oh god that sounds so scary, do you think this is why I could have? Was that how you started like me? Xx
    • Posted

Well I'm not a doctor and I'm a little frustrated because with afib it's hard to also catch on the monitors and the cardiologists wasn't able to catch it but I do have an the EKG that was done by the ambulance as record and proof that I wasn't AFib. The cardiologist thinks that it was all stress-related. So it's hard to say if that's what you experienced but I can tell you that you will definitely know when something is completely wrong it pretty much brought me to my knees and my heart would skip beats and then go really really really fast and then slow way down and it was so hard to catch my breath and I was also vomiting and that feeling lasted about a half hour before the medic showed up. By the time I got to the hospital by ambulance my heart had gone back into normal Rhythm on its own.

• Posted

I’ve seen my cardiologist tonight privately she told me anxiety dosent cause them but if u are prone to it it makes it worse. She was great she actually scanned my heart and stood doing an ecg for ages making me heavy breath to bring the missed beats on . It turns out they aren’t missed beats my hearts doing extra beats really quick after the last beat then it rest for a few seconds before moving on to next beat it’s not dangerous and anyone can get them some people are prone to them so they can go and come back again  after years  . She was great showed me everything explained everything  and put my mind at rest she said they happen more when u are sat still than if u are exercising or walking etc  as they don’t happen so much when the heart is speeded up a bit  so Thts good to know as I’ve been sat on the couch thinking I darent move much as didn’t know what was wrong with my  heart. She did pick up with quite a few things on my blood test though and wants me to have a kidney scan so Thts something else to worry about lol x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.