sleeping problems?

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone else have sleeping problem?  when i started the upgradeon mirtz i could not sleep.  th dr. told me to take full zipiclone and now that is not working.  i am worse than i was before.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hmm well it'll depend what you are treating with mirtazapine, if you have tried other options before and if any other medications would be suitable to switch to and how you are going with mirtazapine. If you are taking a 7.5mg zopiclone and its not working that's probably not a good sign of any balance there.

You should probably talk to your doctor about other available options. You want to try avoid taking sleeping pills to cover for side effects of other medications unless you really have to

• Posted

i am really going crazy. they increase the mirtz for depression andi immediatelr had sleep problems.  imam now decreasing as instructed, but still can'tsleep.  imam in worse shape than went i went in
  • Posted

hmm looks like itll take a while for you to find the right thing for you.. Maybe give it a couple weeks and see how the lower dose goes then explore some other options with your doctor after that ..
  • Posted

Hi Suzie,

one of the side effects (rare) of Mirtazapine is actually sleeplessness. Most of us though get knocked out by 7.5 mg or 15 mg. At least I do.

Have you asked your doctor if you can take Mirt in the morning (if it doesnt make you drowsy or sleepy) and Zopiclone at night?

How much Zopiclone are you on?

I used Zopiclone before going on Mirt and it made me sleep like a baby.

I suggest you make a follow up appointment w your doctor. Usually these kind of medications need monitoring for the first few weeks and you should see your doc every 2 weeks anyway.

• Posted

it was the psyhiatrict dr at camh that told me to tke them.  i have left a message for him.  yes, at 15 the mirtz let me sleep.  i am discouraged beyond belief.  now i have 2 problems!
    • Posted

i went to camh thinking i have the cream  of the crop .. in doctors.  usually i take 1 zip, but lately have been waking up.  took 2 last night. i can't take it anymore
    • Posted

Doesn't sound healthy to take 2 without asking medical advice. Perhaps you need to go back to your doctor, especially if you are struggling. Can you get an urgent appt if you explain you are desperate?
    • Posted

hey suzie...yes totally agree the 15 mirtz make you sleep but im finding the 30s not so......i also find you get used to zopiclone if you take them for a while you build up a tolerance...so maybe one is cancelling out the others as others have suggesed on here............blimey what a coster but some good advice here from some kind people...stay strong
    • Posted

because he is at a hospital, i would have to go to emergency and wait 8 hours only to get sent home.  that is thr system in canada.  i am seeing my gp this afternoon, but he won't be able to do anything because i got the script from the psych.  i did leave a message fro psych and will call again if i have to
    • Posted

hey lesley, thank you for the support.  i feel like booking myself into ahospital ... but u can't do that here.  yes, i guess i have built up a tolerance ... but i was following drs orders!  go figure
    • Posted

oh lord...see what happens when we take meds we know nothing about....shame theres no hospital for this situation...dont know what to suggest my lovely....except thinking of you...here anytime
    • Posted

i cant tell hun as you cant even type right now..i get that a lot......its out state of mind at the moment even the easiest thing seems like we have reverted back to childhood...who figures we cant even type anymore....i pushed myself and got out today to pay the rent but it was hard work....seems ok when you out but when you in the confinements of your house...or in my case my flat...i drop to a complete stop...well im having a can of cider now ive given in for the day.....but i did get out there so YOU can do it girl if i can!!!
    • Posted

hey suzie how are you doing today..if you are awake i know we are in different time zones.......hope u ok  x
    • Posted

Hi Lesley,

Well I called the Psych dr but never got a call back.  I fortunately had an appointment with my GP he focuses on mental health), and he gave me something that's not a sleeping pill.  I slept.  I feel a little edgy, but at least I slept.  I see the psych dr. on the 12th of May and hopefully he can prescribe an antidepressant  that I can gradually very gradually add.  I have taken 22.5 of the mirtzapine the last 3 nights I think.  I have extreme fatigue with the mirtz ...

How are you doing?

• Posted

hi suzie thats awful that the psych never got back to you but great your gp focuses on mental health...so pleased you slept...im a mess today cant even get dressed and had to take a valium to calm down....now just look frightful in my pyjamas......what an awful drug this is wish id never started.....didnt sleep on th 30 slept better on the 15....mmmm theres an answer there somewhere girl.....answers on a postcard please...hope you have a good day...thinking of you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.