sleeping problems?

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone else have sleeping problem?  when i started the upgradeon mirtz i could not sleep.  th dr. told me to take full zipiclone and now that is not working.  i am worse than i was before.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How long have you been taking the zopiclone? I looked it up on NHS Choice and they advised that after 4 weeks you could develop "tolerance" meaning your body gets used to it, and it would need a higher dose to have the same effect. I take zopiclone very occasionally, but always feel extra dopey the day after. My doctor would only prescribe 28 tablets, that was 4 years ago and I've still got 20 left!
    • Posted

it has been about a month .. asinstructed by dr.  i am at my witsend
    • Posted

My doc said not to take Zopiclone with Mirt' - don't think you can mess with actual 'Z' sleeping tablets, rather dangerous.  What springs to mind is to get comfy on 15 mg of Mirt' (for sleep) and take another AD that is recommended by youur doc at the same time.

Some have said on this forum that Citalopram & Mirt' is a good combo' - but we're all different and all react differently to drugs.

Don't dispair Suzie, there is a RIGHT combo for you - you just havn't tweaked it quite right yet; but sleeping tablets are not the answer, they're highly addictive and your body will soon outrun them and then you'll be back to square one.  Ask your doctor for advice rather than self medicate.  Wishing you well, so sorry for your anguish.  

• Posted

my family dr gave me something else to try tonight.  i desparately need some help
  • Posted

Hi Suzie

I've never taken Mirtrazepine but I had similar probelms to you years ago with both fluoxetine and subsedquntly citalopram.  To fix the problem I take take the citalopram in the morning when I want to be awake, I got off the Zopliclone quite quickly because as others have said, its very addictive with with tolerance and dependence devoloping very quickly.  My gp has prescribed me a sedating anti-histamine to treat both a skin condition, hayfever and great stuff this, to help me sleep.  Also its not as addictive as the Zopiclone and the other Z drugs; may be worth looking into.

Hope you get a soloution to your problems soon.

God Bless

Lizzie

• Posted

yep suzie didnt sleep a wink last night either...driving me mad.....got so much to do but cant face anyone is this a side effect of mirt i wonder any suggestions anyone gratefully received.....cant even face seeing anyone or getting dressed.......been weeks now so fed up......but hey ho shouldnt moan plenty people worse off but seems i cant escape my depressive mind grrrr...
    • Posted

hi lesley,

it's awful.  i know how you feel.  i have done a few thingsbut then i have to lie down.  i did sleep with what my gp gave me.  do you have any upcoming dr's appointments?  when i do see the psych i am going to tell him i cannot hanle the fatigue.  i am having a test done tomorrow that is suppsed help determine the dosage and hopefully an antidepressant that i won't have so many side effects.  has the dr ever suggesjted a change in antidepressant?

• Posted

no docs apts to come bit wary of making them i went from citroplan to mirtz cold turkedyed on the citroplan for a while...mixing it up a bit i guess...gotta go out tomorrow and dreading it already and i aint even gone to bed yet.....onwards or give in...thought about it but not an option..good luck with tests tomorrow...keep the faith girlee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.