Sleeping soundly

Posted , 7 users are following.

Why do they promise 6-8 weeks. I am rapidly approaching 6 month’s post posterior rthr and though much better in many ways when will I be able to sleep without waking from discomfort?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

6 to 8 weeks is the normal time to feel better, doesn't always follow that you will progress normally. Some progress faster, some slower.  At the moment my sleeping progress this time around (my third) is about average, but my walking ability is three to four times faster than the average.

You don't say what discomfort you have, is it restless legs, chronic itching, hip pains or something else?

• Posted

Hi Rocket man. I had a lot of trouble with my sacroiliac joint early on and the hospital physics wouldn’t come out. Can’t lid on my back so sleep on operated side till it wakes me. Then have terrible pain as I turn over before lying on good side where I get pain in my back ( sacroiliac still I think) and rigid tightness hip to knee. Sometimes if my knee cracks it helps . Waking each time I move 3/4 tines an hour 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear your problems - you need (and deserve) better help than you are receiving.
    • Posted

I am paying for Bowen therapy weekly but think the hospital community physics should have done more. I wasn’t impressed by the support on the Ward - one visit each of first few days , nothing at weekends - and then two days at home despite timing and asking for support! 
  • Posted

Hi catt1,

Sorry to hear you still have problems, I thought you had totally recovered now as you have not been on lately. What discomfort do you have?

• Posted

Still having problems as above ( rocketman reply) and still tightness with leg muscles on stairs and golf balls nowand then while sitting x
  • Posted

Following

as I too can’t sleep without waking up in pain at least a few times within a 7 hour sleep. 

Aches in hip groin area and feeling like leg needs stretched. 

And still no sleeping on my side even with pillow between legs 

I had surgery March 15/18.  TRHR. 

• Posted

Hi there my op was. 6/3 and though with the help of a Bowen therapist i have made huge strides I still feel uncomfortable every day. I just expected to feel better by now
    • Posted

I had my op the same day as you and to be honest i feel any benefit whatsoever ... still in pain , can't sleep more than 4 hrs a night , really wonder why i went ahead ! My surgeon just tells me that its still early days .

• Posted

Bless you I feel exactly the same . It seems more people have longer recoveries than we were led to believe. I think that’s what has upset me. I think they should be more honest! 
    • Posted

I see surgeon again in 10 days. But long waits to get in.   I worry I did something to hurt new hip, as up to 2 1/2 months into recovery, early June, I was doing amazing.  

I still push and do as much as possible with walking and hiking and my exercises etc but it’s starting to cause limp again too. Hoping for answers, as I can’t go on with this quality of life without improvement.  

I am still better then before surgery but feel it’s getting worse again weekly instead of better.   Very worried

I hope we all get answers and recovery continues to move forward again soon.  

• Posted

Good luck Suzy let us know how it goes. I am giving myself two more weeks before I try to mske sn appointment x
    • Posted

I think a lot of people are rather Macho after their op and possibly exaggerate how well they are getting on. There was one guy who said he had left hospital by taxi just after his op and gave the impression he just carried on as normal. Thinking about I think it may have been his sister who posted it but presumably brother had told her that. My sister kept saying she had friends who were back to normal three days after op and entertaining people. Perhaps we are all competitive and don’t want to admit we are not really as good as we would like to be or as others appear to be after a pretty gruesome operation. I think there may be quite a lot of fake news!
  • Posted

Hi

I can't lay on my non op side for around 3 hours I can't sleep on my back for around 617 hours but recently my coxccy is killing lots of tightness around my hip, thigh, bum... I've tried stretching I go to physio I do all the exercises daily... I'm 6 months thr

• Posted

Oh I sympathise Penny I think it is the disappointment as much as anything that I expected to be so much better much quicker. I have missed doing so many lovely things . 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.