Sleeping soundly

Posted , 7 users are following.

Why do they promise 6-8 weeks. I am rapidly approaching 6 month’s post posterior rthr and though much better in many ways when will I be able to sleep without waking from discomfort?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes.  I agree. I had client that told me he ran bikes 15k before and was walking 5k in hospital day 1. Made me feel like s**t what will happen when recovering I felt delays and i was back to work at 6 weeks and sucking it up. 
    • Posted

I think a lot of these stories need to be taken with a pinch of salt. My physio said that she did come across people who overdid it at the beginning and really suffered for it later on. I suppose they never admit it though. I know people kept mentioning others who were running round the place after their op and made me feel really low. A lot of people who have not had a replacement hip seem to think it is as easy as having an ingrowing toenail fixed.
    • Posted

My problem is I am self employed and so lost 4 months earnings when I hadn’t expected it. If I had had a more realistic time frame I might have been better prepared! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.