Sleepless again

Posted , 10 users are following.

Another sleepless night ahead coming up I can feel it, I could cry so sick of this, so tired but head so full of anxiety - so fed up with this crap x

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm sorry your going thru that I can fall asleep but sometimes if I wake up to use the bathroom I can be awake at four am! The thing that gets me no one says how bad peri menopause can be I was a nurse and don't remember studying anything about perimenopause! Maybe try some magnesium to help you sleep you can look it up online or melatonin too just a couple of ideas I hope it gets better I feel like a cartoon character being dragged around by my shirt lol hang in there
    • Posted

Thank you yes I'll look into it and you're so right it is horrible. The early hours are the worst and the loneliest when you're awake with thoughts and symptoms. Thank you take care x
  • Posted

Dear lou,

I use to be a good sleeper but now i wake quite a few times in the night. I know what you mean about negative anxious thoughts, i have been feeling that too recently and i seem to worry about everything, just remember you are not alone in feeling this way x

• Posted

Thank you and im sorry you suffer aswell. It's been such a long night, trying to stay as positive as I can but its hard when you're so tired, can't sleep and a long list of things going on, I lnow there are so many others going through similar - not even 6am and it's gonna be a long day ! X
  • Posted

I feel ur pain....exactly the same last 6 days...wake up at 2am...go to the loo...bak to bed and within minutes I can feel that feeling...like fluttering all over....breathing strange...head racing....feeling like I'm going to die.....I've kept a record of it and it's pretty much every 4-5 weeks when I have really bad episodes but this last lot hav been off the scale....annoys me wen all u hear about peri are hot flushes...nothing about all this other stuff which is so life impacting...I even had to take 2 days off work this time as was so drained.....I haven't no answers but just helps me to know I'm not alone or hav some incurable disease....sending u hugs xx
    • Posted

Hugs back to you too - yes it's awful I know and feel for you too. Feel like a zombie right now, spaced out, sick, achy, nervy just horrible. I'm two years into surgical meno and it's not getting easier. Doctor put me on Sertraline which made me a million times worse - don't understand why antidepressants are dished out to us all the time, yes ive got anxiety and feel depressed now but that's not the answer - I don't know struggle on I suppose xx
  • Posted

Hi Lou

If you look back, I've posted about 3-4 discussions around insomnia...even a couple this week!

You can find past posts on the weekly discussions summary...

I too suffer from insomnia but have never been a great sleeper, luckily don't get the awful debilitating anxiety with it yet...have suffered terrible anxiety but that was due to other personal reasons not peri!

"Up again at 3am...5htp?" Is a current thread about sleep.

Many ladies on here have many different ideas and hopefully something will work for you?

I've tried lots of natural remedies but this week resorted to taking an OTC antihistamine pill, just to break this awful endless cycle of insomnia, still a little wakeful but at least don't get up at 3am!

I've posted about magnesiums too...as I said, look back over recent discussions

Good luck jx

• Posted

Thank you very much yes I will look back.

Im glad you have found an answer for you albeit not brilliant but better than up all night.

Will spend some time reading up, so many thanks - take good care xx

• Posted

Hi Lou ah bless you and I know what you mean!! Been up twice last night too. Once to pee then next for water-grr!!! Thoughts then start racing in my mind scared about other symptoms etc and terrified i have something awful wrong with me etc etc. I wonder how many of us are all awake at this time? Maybe we should them remember that we are all in it together and not alone in this 😄

Anyway No easy answer but personally Acupuncture has helped me alot. Im not really comfy at the thought of taking tablets and medication at the moment( although i will keep an open mind).

Iff for another Acu treatment tomorrow so hoping things will continue to improve.

Take care lou and hope this helps xxxx

• Posted

Thanks LOUISE and yes the anxiety is horrible - as ive said before the early hours are horrible and lonely, anxiety takes in with me , escalates and then I start catastropising every little symptom I have......I really will do something to try and halt this even if just a little relief would be something.

Glad you have some relie from acupuncture, ive heard good things about that too, pleased it's working for you.

Look after yourself and thanks for reply xx

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm not a pill person either but after years of trying teas, magnesiums, herbs, good sleep hygiene, throwing away Valium prescription from GP, night cough mixture! Et al...resorted to antihistamine just for a break and to alter my cycle!

Would like to try 5htp but fed up with constantly buying new products and hopefully waiting for them to work!

Jx

• Posted

Oo i know and it just seems so much worse at night! Why do we have our minds run over and over all our symptoms? Its so scary and at its worst its terrifying. on my bad days I think about it ALL the time and its truly exhausting. Especially in social situations when every one seems to be having fun yet i am literally obsessing about my latest ache or pain!!! I could cry sometimes as its so "nit me" 😂 At work i find it so distracting too that i have to go to the loo just to get privacy and give myself a talking to (and on one or two occasions ive had to have a little cry).

My acupuncture is helping amazing though so hope it will get me through all this

Thanks for your kind words and i hope u manage to have a restful nite tonight hun xxxx

• Posted

I know ! I ha e spent a fortune on products that do nothing at all for me ! It's finding the right one for us......we are all different and react differently so the key is research and a little faith too !

I have heard good things and read good reports on 5htp, good luck with that. Sending hugs to you (()) x

• Posted

im the same ! I find something then obsess totally and then catasphorise it , poke and prod different parts of my body convincing myself of some dreadful disease - always in the early hours when Hubbys snoring peacefully and I'm pacing the floor with fear and dread........the social thing, I'm the same as in how come everyone's smiling and I'm in torture. Let's remeber we WILL come through this as did our mothers, aunts and grandmothers.......I'm grateful though to be here every day is a bonus , on the grand scale of things despite it all I am so so lucky. Look after your lovely self , sending you flowers just for being you 💐 xx
  • Posted

Hi Lou,

I'm in the U.S. and it's 7:28am here. I fell asleep at 11:30 pm and woke up every hour or so. I just finally decided to get up. Usually I fall asleep around 10:30 pm and wake at 3 am and then I'm up for the remainder of the day. My sleep pattern is horrible. I seem to get the most anxious during the day. It's frustrating. I don't have any suggestions or remedies but know you are not alone. I'm learning my own methods of coping to see what works for me. I don't like pills and only take what I need to for my health. And I'm definitely not taking anything that will aggerivate what I already have going on since there is a new symptom every other day. I have resorted to coloring books, puzzles, or watching a funny tv show or movie. Anything to busy my mind. When I don't focus on the symptoms able to better control my anxiety attacks. A negative thought will creep in but I tell myself I'm ok and it will go away.

• Posted

Hi Jamie im sorry you're going through this aswell - yes the 3am thing is horrible, it's funny you say about colouring books as I looked at them and in the end I bought painting by numbers, as yet ive been too tired to start it ! ha ha.......I think you are right about meds too, my doctor put me on Sertraline and it was horrific and had to stop, so I take a few vitamins not sure if they do anything , maybe a phsyscological thing don't know. I watch films aswell like you say anything to take your mind away from anxieties if possible. Am so looking forward to one day feeling normal again ! Whatever normal is xx
    • Posted

Hahaha, I think the normal for me is having something wrong. At least that's what it feels like. My GP has me taking an iron tablet, a folic acid tablet, a blood pressure pill, and lorezapam for anxiety which I haven't taken yet. Didn't really want antidepressants so I'm still thinking about that one. So as I see it, that is enough pills for me. I'm in Maryland.
    • Posted

Wow Maryland - far away from the UK ! Amazing Internet isnt it........yes they do say folic acid is very good and I took that for a while, like you normal for me is always having a health issue, my daughters ask me ' what have you got today mum! ' so I don't tell them anymore it's not fair. It's almost 5pm here, dark and rainy plus very stormy - please God let me sleep tonight ! xx
    • Posted

The internet is truly something. We had a lot of dark and rainy here yesterday. It's cold and a little cloudy here today. It's 12 in the afternoon now. My daughters ask me everyday am I ok, I just tell them yes and smile. The oldest understands but the little one doesn't. So i try to keep going as much as possible. Well I hope you get some sleep tonight. Take care!!
    • Posted

Yes let's hope we both get some decent sleep tonight , I'll let you know.  ! Look after yourself xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.