Sleepless again

Posted , 10 users are following.

Another sleepless night ahead coming up I can feel it, I could cry so sick of this, so tired but head so full of anxiety - so fed up with this crap x

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I,m sorry you are going through this. I went through this back in November and December thats when I went and asked my doctor to put me on Zoloft, Lamotrigine and Trazodone plus my Lorazepam and I have been sleeping a lot better and my moods are calmer too. 

You should try it. Its helping me 

• Posted

Thanks Elizabeth sounds good in theory BUT because of my experience with Sertraline im a bit nervous plus ive got to the point where I find it hard to even go to the doctors now because of the health anxiety - im beating myself up in all directions ! Ive been like this for over two years now, started for me with a death in the family (father died in front of me ) immediately after that oophorectomy so instant menopause, another family death and then hubby had a heart attack in front of me - so things medical , pills, doctors, gowns and instruments totally send me into panic mode, along with this awful menopause and no sleep everything is difficult - doctor wants me to start counselling but as yet havnt the courage to ring for an appointment. The counselling is in the doctors surgery so that means going there again ! Silly I know and I need to get a grip ! If only it was that easy ! xx
    • Posted

I feel that therapy would help have you ever tried melatonin 

Try that

• Posted

Thanks I'll ask the pharmacist if I can take it as I take thyroxine aswell. Thanks for the help xx
  • Posted

Have you tried Passion Flower and Valerian root supplements? Ive gone through 4 years of stress and worries while working full time. The only thing that helped me to survive and function was Alprazolam aka Xanax before bed time. I wasnt taking any other meds at this time  only Xanax. 0.5 keep me sleeping thorugh the night and i was able to awake without any residue from side effects.
    • Posted

Thank you very much for that - ive just been reading up about Xanax and it sounds like it might be ok for me as its a muscle and skeletal relaxant aswell as having sedative effects, also I like the fact that the side effects are stated as minimal. I might try some of that, I guess you have to get it on prescription ? The others I havnt even thought of, I'm so grateful for the help, thank you - im sorry for your suffering too xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.