sleepless nights

Posted , 5 users are following.

probably this question has an obvious answer , i am having sleepless nights because of the dull aching pain in my shoulder , laying on it is too painful , i just wondered how others on here are managing there sleep patterns ? i dont really want to take any more pills to help me sleep either .

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry for all my rubbish typos in my responses, still trying to get typing properly!
  • Posted

Hi Jim

Oh dear not even a good nights sleep for you then!   I tried 'hugging' a pillow last night and it worked i actually felt quite comfortable when i woke up, instea of the pins and needles or excruciating pain that i normally feel.   So am feeling quite upbeat too.

But my physio said to take painkillers throughout the day (even tho its 1130 and ive not taken any yet) because otherwise the pain will build up too much. Like others have said it wont get rid of the pain, but with mild painkillers you will feel more comfortable and hopefully move the arm more instead of it being a dead weight hanging (sort of) at your side.  So im off to take some now.   If i could cope with codeine then i would take some during the day, but it just puts me to sleep!

Debbie

**In relation to the other 'problem' i had (at work) i wrote a letter last night and gave it to the bosses at work this morning so feel like a lead weight has lifted. Not that anything will be done, but at least i have given my side of the story first. I have also told them that if it carries on i will go off sick with stress because its making me ill. 

• Posted

Hi Debbie, glad to hear the 'hugging' helped, I think it really does ease the pain, not sure if it's the stretch at the same time too?  Everyone needs a hug and if a pillow is doing it then go for it! I still have to sleep like that now post surgery. I read your post about the work issue but hadn't responded personally so glad to read you have taken that on board. Don't put up with crap at work, expecially the horror you work with. Being in pain and dealing with that on top is a recipe for disaster and if you feel you need to take some time off work, then do so. I'm the worst for not taking time off but this condition took it's toll and I had to. You need all the strength you can just now. Glad you had a beter nights sleep. Offf you go and take your tablets! We should be setting us a group reminder at this rate lol. Sending love, mandy x
    • Posted

Deb......have you tried Paracetamol and Codeine. Ask for the non drowsy version. I find it's the best over the counter medication you can get. We also have daytime Mersyndol here in Oz, I find them not too bad either. But if you tell your chemist you have Acute pain and what is the strongest painkiller that won't make you sleepy for daytime use 😀
    • Posted

if its of any ust to you , my ex partner was bullied at work by 3 women , they made her life a misery , eventually she blew her top and told the boss to shove it lol , and within in weeks she ws completely relieved and glad she had done it , in fact she is in the middle of suing them for constructive didmissal

hug the pillow ? lol dont think thats the sort of comfort i need , gonna find something out tomorrow , surely the doc can do something of use .

• Posted

Mandy

Thanks for your kind words.  Yes i do think it was the 'stretching' that helped too.  I agree pain and stress dont mix, but i am feeling much better now.  Thanks x

• Posted

Kerri

i am taking codeine and paracetemol, but anything with codeine in it sends me to sleep!   Always has done. 

Jim - i meant that your bad shoulder sort of hugging a pillow is a lot of relief, stress wise on the shoulder!  lol

i feel better now i have sent a letter explaining how i feel.  So when i do go off with stress it wont be such a shock to them.  I have worked here for over 13 years now so we all know each other quite well, but ive put all my thoughts etc in a letter and sent it to the people who need it. Now i just have to wait for my boss to see it tomorrow.

• Posted

if i put my arm under the pillow it just aches , so cant do it for long , yesterday i was out with freinds , and had a game of pool , i havent played for ages , but as soon as i leant over to take a shot i coudnt reach out properly , it hurt to much , just something else that F/S ruins .
    • Posted

What about if you put your arm around it! Okay i lie on my left side, head on my pillow, in like a foetal position, then i have another pillow inbetween left arm and chest with right arm bad shoulder on top of it!! Ok i think i eill give up, cant explain it. Lol

Glad u tried to play, hopefully wont be much longer til u can play properly..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.