sliding hiatus hernia repair

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm having surgery on 27th April 2017 for a sliding hiatus hernia repair.. any advice ..?

How long will I be in hospital..?

I have Barrettes oesophagus as well..

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Naomi not sure why the Doc don't tell you but be prepared to be in pain,I had the paraesophageal hiatal hernia and its Been  a week tomorrow ....and I'm in the same amount of pain as I was a week ago and I was just told it could take up to 6 to 12. Months to get back to where I was 😢

• Posted

To be honest I'm going in on 4th April for pre op and more information..

because my hernia is rubbing on my barrettes oesophagus it's making me very ill.. they said it's my only option now..

I can't lay down .. eat much..drink just comes up.. I'm struggling the way I am. I'm only 38 with 4 children, work full time.. think I'm ready to take the chance after the last 7 years I've had..

Scared 😳 but I look up information and it's saying so many things not sure what to believe..

How long was you in hospital for..? X

• Posted

I no what you mean I had no choice either in the long run it will be worth it getting over the hump is what I'm looking forward to I had my surgery on fri march 25 I went home on Sunday but you will definitely need help I like doing things my way but at this time I don't care how it's done I go back to the dr on wed I haven't had a bowel movement in 9 days they told me to take milk of magnesia but I still can't go I think that's part of my problem I hope your surgery brings you to a better place I'll be thinking of you

• Posted

Thank you let me know how you get on at doctors..

I really hope it won't affect my bowel as I have a very slow transit and nerve damage from other surgery on a lot of medication to help me..

it's saying on most sites day surgery..?

I will find more out Tuesday at pre op ..

thank you for your help keep in touch

Very nervous 😩

• Posted

Naomi you will be fine today is the 9 day and I'm finally feeling a little better I never did ask where your from 

• Posted

Oldbury Near Birmingham U.K..

Where are you from ..? If you don't mind me asking

• Posted

Hi Just wondering how you getting on now..?

Have you lost much weight since surgery.?

What foods can you manage now

• Posted

Thanks for asking Naomi it was 3 week on fri I have lost 12 pounds it was very painful... I have not been able to eat any bread or meat not that I have want to....I have been very nauseous it hard to take my medicine with out getting sick I think I'm getting over that hump still not up to par but hoping to soon my best friend is coming on the 29 of April we are going to the beach looking forward of doing nothing for 8 days by the way the nausea med I got was the kind the dissolve on the tongue it works almost right away I have another kind but you have to swallow that one and take a lot longer to kick in I hope they give you that kind it works great....when is your surgery if you don't mind me asking

• Posted

Hello i just wanted to know do you have that irregular heart papliations before surgery or u still have or gone?
    • Posted

I have nothing now I'm fully back to feeling my self.i felt the same palpitations but when I went to the hospital they told me everything was fine with my heart I thing that the feeling we get from the hernia my hernia slipped all the way up into my chest it was fully in my chest that's why it affected my breathing and my palpitations I am fully recovered now

• Posted

my hernia was a esophageal hernia only 5% of the population get it have you had your surgery yet
  • Posted

After your surgery let me know how it went. How you feel etc.

I am a 26 year old female who has been suffering with a Hiatial hernia for years now. Was first diagnosed last February...finally. In the beginning I went by the diet only eating bland foods, no alcohol juices etc took the medication the dr prescribed. As time went on I went back into my old eating habit and started drinking casually. It would come and go and still does. Totally effects my life. Effects my work life the most as I wake up some days after eating a heavy meal the afternoon before and can't gone to work. I am so tired of feeling this way. I can't live this way for the rest of my life. Something needs to be done.

To all my fellow sufferers out there any advice on how to relieve the symptoms when they come on? I feel like I've tried everything but I'm desperate for anything else.

• Posted

Will let you know Hun..

week tomorrow 😬 How big is your hiatus Hernia..?

Iv been on every diet don't drink at all or I would be in pain don't smoke.. nothing helps my, consultant said I need surgery done asap as it's affecting my Barrett's

I can't lay down at all as I'm always sick..

fingers crossed 🤞 it works..

where abouts do you live ..?

If you don't mind me asking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.