Slight smell down there !???

Posted , 7 users are following.

10 days out from anterior repair , all seems to be going well , I am resting aswell as doing little things , however today I have noticed a smell down there , it's not pleasant ! Not sure if I'm obsessing and its normal or maybe an infection? Haven't seen any writhed come away yet and shower daily , any one else notice this?

0 likes, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've got awful pains in the front of my thighs today and a pain in my bum 😳Like a shooting pain which is weird as I never had anything done in the back ? Still awaiting doctors results ... Have a nice day ladies
    • Posted

I sometimes getting shooting pains up my bum. I presume if they have repairs back walk there's a connection to bowel wall so I thought it must be that. But may not be. I was told about a week to get my results back Sarah. So I'll ring them on mon for mine.

Same to you Sarah. X

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I too have dull ache in lower back, not sure of cause, not in same place as back pain before op so not due to any new prolapsing.

Not sure if sitting too long outside in sun chairs that probably not supportive enough for couple of days, or having went swimming last night and then jumped up this morning and been doing non heavy household chores for 2/3 hours.

A little frustrating feel that should be further on than this, due back at work in 10 days, 5 hour shifts, so want to be able to be on feet longer than few hours.

I suppose being horizontal for so long and being a bit unfit, anyhow, horizontal again.

Will have to rest up trying to do too much, just feel how am I going to cope at work. Mind you that uncomfortable raw bruised feeling down below is away, and everything functioning OK.

I sometimes use to get pain in thigh and bum when sitting too long at till in work, can be a trapped nerve ( siatica nerve).

Hope you feel better soon.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

A lot of backache and general aches and pains are due to the position you are put in for surgery. Legs put in lithotomy poles does cause pressure on the back and pulls at muscles and ligaments.
    • Posted

I had been sitting in camping chairs, with feet up some of the time so probably too much pressure concentrated on lower spine then, I should no better!

😕😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.