Slight smell down there !???

Posted , 7 users are following.

10 days out from anterior repair , all seems to be going well , I am resting aswell as doing little things , however today I have noticed a smell down there , it's not pleasant ! Not sure if I'm obsessing and its normal or maybe an infection? Haven't seen any writhed come away yet and shower daily , any one else notice this?

0 likes, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Jura rhng the hospital up where I had my anterior repair done for some advice re walking etc ... Hubby has not stopped going on about me having two walks yesterday = 3 miles ! So I wanted to ask the nurse , she said as long as I feel fine in myself then that is great that I'm walking that much and I'm very lucky to be able to do so ! She said ( like our good matron always tells us? That my body will tell me when I've done too much and too rest , I also bought up the topic of riding my bike , and she said that I can resume riding it as long as I feel comfortable doing so and too listen to my body again , and obviously if it hurts to sit on seat or anything then to stop. Mentioned about the brown smelling discharge and told her I had an appointment at my docs tmw for something else so I would mention it . She said they might do a dip test and if they don't then am to ring them up and they will do one as its sounds like an infection .... I know some of our lovely ladies are struggling right now and it's not all plain sailing but I just wanted to share how much better I feel in hear last few days x
    • Posted

( like our good matron always tells us) that was meant to read lol ... Not the question mark
    • Posted

That's great Sarah, glad to hear your doing so well so quickly.

Phyl ×☺☺☺

• Posted

Thankyou Hun . I am 99% sure i have an infection tho as this smell is getting worse . Seeing the doctor tmw x
    • Posted

Hi sarah,before I went into hospital I took bee pro polis, still takingnit now.it keeps the immune system up and protects the body against virus and infections.

Its what the bee collects from the pollen to protect there hives from gerrms. Its great having a friend that's a Chinese herbalist lol I learn so much.

I hope the it gets better for you. Xx

• Posted

Hi. This is my first post on here. I've been reading through and can relate to a few of the comments. I had a total hysterectomy, an A&P, and a TVT 4weeks ago. As you can imagine it's not pleasant. One of my questions is - do any of you have to give yourselves intervals? My consultant specified that I would have to do this to stop from and back walk sticking togwther. Gross I know. So with great discomfort I have been doing this and can feel all my stitches which seem to be everywhere.

Like you Sarah I have had a bit of a smell and lots of discharge. I went to Gp's and they took a swab. Awaiting results. But I am struggling to sit down. I was ok at beginning but I've had a mirror out looking and I have swelling and what looks like friction areas either side of my vulva next to my perineum stitches. The gp thinks the stitch is causing the discomfort as its tight. I feel like I'm getting worse instead of better but then read on here that this is normal. I'm also very weepy and have started on hrt so I'm all over the place.

Hope this post is ok. 😊

• Posted

What do you mean "give yourself intervals"? 
    • Posted

I was told I have to insert a finger into my vagina and gently move from one side to the other to ensure stitches/wounds don't cause walls to stick together.
    • Posted

It was the intervals I didn't understand, do you mean internals? 
    • Posted

Oh god yes. Sorry I'm typing on phone and fat fingers always get me into bother. Yes internals. 😕
    • Posted

Hi Hun welcome to the group

I am still awaiting results from the doctors about my infection , discharge is getting abit better but still bit smelly , also seem to be leaking urine everytime I get up for seating position! No I wasn't told to do internals , that must be quite uncomfortable for you ! I have had a little feel and can feel stitches everywhere

• Posted

Thanks for the welcome Sarah. Was a but nervous about posting as never ever posted on a forum. I was told the internals were to prevent the walls sticking as that can cause vaginally to close up or end up smaller than it should. But yea unpleasant. Would say painful. Just uncomfortable. I'm not sure if I'm leaking urine as wearing pass still bit my pads has felt squidgy if you know what I mean. But with me having the tvt it's supposed to have stopped leakage.

I still have to have surgery for my vowel prolapse but that will be next year I think.

• Posted

I have never in over 40 years heard a gynaecologist/Urogynaecologist tell a woman to do internals. I'm gobsmacked. I wouldn't be surprised if you got an infection.
    • Posted

Wow. I'm glad I asked but now it makes me confused now. Mind I wear gloves to try to minimise risk of infection.
    • Posted

You must do what you consultant has asked you to do but yes buy some sterile gloves from a pharmacy so you can then throw them away each time. If you find the area is very dry use something like KY jelly to lubricate the finger you use and don't be alarmed if things don't feel "normal" because the probably won't and that's down to the healing process.
    • Posted

I tend to do it when in shower with disposable gloves on. It does feel very weird. It just feels like there is stitches on all walls including my bladder due to the tvt and I'm sure I can see part of the band they used.

Thanks matron.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.