Slow urine sometimes

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Oh joy, Perimenouoaue the gift that keeps on giving . . . I’ve noticed some mornings when I go for a wee the flow  seems slower ? However it’s completely normal during the day ? Anyone had this experience at all ? Seems a little odd . . . Be grateful for any replies xx

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Debbie, I too have had what I call thick urine at times where I've had to almost force it to come out! I am sure its all part of this great journey we are all on and I'm sure its a normal part of it. I am completely incontinent the rest of the time, it just comes out totally by itself with no feeling or warning so I shouldn't worry about it. Of course if you get pain or see blood then go to your Dr and insist on a test to rule out a uti. XXX

• Posted

Thank you Tina,

I wouldn’t say it’s thick it’s just slower ? Hopefully nothing more than yet another meno symptom ? Thanks for your reply anyway I’m very grateful x

• Posted

Just a thought...how are your nights? Are you having sweats? How much fluid are you taking in daily?

This may sound a bit nuts but I noticed I wee far less first thing in the morning than I always used to and I've wondered if it's linked to getting more dehydrated because of those screaming hot flushes in the night?

So, I have started having a big glass of water by my bed & I sleepily gulp some down when I throw covers off during the night - also helps me cool off.

In general I'm now trying to drink more water through the day too. App on phone so infill in what I have & I'm doing daft things like having half a glass of water whilst waiting for kettle to boil for a cuppa etc.

As I said, just a thought re dehydration but for peace of mind check it out with GP.

Best, J

• Posted

Hi Jo,

Thank you for your reply.  I also have a glass of water on my bedside table, but you might be right ? Recently I have had more night sweats . . . I’ll try more water during the day and see if it changes.  Hopefully it’s nothing terrible, as I said it’s normal during the day. x

• Posted

hi

I think you will find that lack of estrogen certain times of day and month is responsible as estrogen has an effect on the pelvic floor muscles too. Kegel exercises can help.

xx

• Posted

Hi, 

I thought that would be the opposite and make you leak ? I’ve started Kegel excercises so I will see if it makes any difference ?   Thanks for replying xx

• Posted

Debbie I'm having the opposite of this...having a hard time holding in and I am constantly urinating all day long.

• Posted

Hi Mary,

I’ve had that as well ? Thought I had a UTI but it came back clear . . . .  Seems to go from one symptom to another overnight ?? xx

• Posted

Debbie how long did your frequent urination last? Mine has been going on for months now along with the dryness, irritation, burning, ...ughhhh!
    • Posted

Hi Mary, approx 4 weeks or so ?? It keeps changing form one thing to another ?? It feels strange down there ??? Sometimes dry ? When it feels dry it literllay feels like something’s moving around . . . I’m wondering if the skin is getting stuck because  it’s dry ?? ( has this happened to you ?) It’s a really weird sensation to be honest !! Nightmare the whole thing 😩 x

• Posted

Omg! That has happened and it's so bizarre that I wouldn't even mention it to the dr. Lol. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. 

• Posted

Hi Kathy,

Which happened to you ? The slow morning wee or the dry feeling and something moving ?? 🙈 is be interested to know ? 

Hugs Deb xx

• Posted

This, according to my own research online and talking w my doctor who is particularly interested in sexual health, is a result of the changes in the pelvic floor muscles, vaginal walls and so on. As we reach the end of our periods in our lives the area becomes less "taut". Kind of like my neck skin. Hahahha. Anyhow, doing kegels can help, buying  a vaginal toner can help (like little golf balls on a string that can go inside the vagina to help the walls stay stronger and also practising holding our pee and letting it go and pushing it out. This will at least keep tone up as much as possible. We can't do too much about the natural changing of the vaginal walls and (they believe bladder muscular tone) with the basic aging but, we can help by keeping the muscles around those areas strong. Keep in mind, that any changes in our urination should be checked by a good dr. Just to be sure there isn't something else happening. 

• Posted

Thank you Jenny for your very informative answer.  I’m sure you’re right ! I’ve started doing the excercises and I can stop and start my urine with ease.  Hopefully it will help.  Just seems a little strange that it is much faster (normal) during the day ? 

Many thanks Deb x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.