Slowly losing my mind over constant discomfort

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, Anyone have any ideas what can cause constant upper left abdominal pain,its usually in my stomach area or at my breast bone like a burning feeling,I am also burping a lot more.

Been to the Docs and given merbervine and told to also take co coadmol for the pain which I have been doing,its not getting any better.

I was told I had IBS 10 yrs ago but apart form this bothering me occasionally over the years(usually after going out for a big meal etc)I have it under control.

This pain is different becasue its there all the time and isnt low down and crampy or relieved by a BM like my typical IBS symptoms.

I am so worried,I have been online and can narrow my symptoms down to perhaps chronic gastrisis or Stomach cancer nothing else seems to fit.

i AM now starting to go off food and have been constipated too(though I know co codamol can do this and with the pain and my anxitety I dont feel like eating) I can look at it that way but also I am just getting more scared that its just another symptom I now have for Stomach cancer.

I cry at least twice a day and am really scared.

I am having bloods taken tmrw and a ulrasound.

I have been back to the docs and asked for an endscope as I am so worried-he agreed so now again part of me thinks he must think its something serious too.

Please can anyone give me any reasurrance or stories.I just cannot cope with the not knowing and the constant ache reminds me everyday so I cant even try to forget or enjoy my family.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sarah, I've been reading your discussion regarding your upper stomach problem. I've been to doctor 5 times in the last 2 weeks. I thought I was having a heart attack. My pain started suddenly with what I refer to as a "pulling" sensation right in the middle of my breasts and goes into my upper middle back as well. I've had blood work done with everything normal. Today I had CT scan and it was normal as well. I am so exhausted I can hardly make it thru the day. The pain  goes away for a few hours but always comes back. Have you gotten any better or had any additional tests done?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.