Small, dark, elevated spot suddenly appeared on vulva

Posted , 5 users are following.

Could this be nothing but a mere ingrown hair? This spot came up suddenly. No pain.

Is it necessary to see my gyno?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

how is the spot / ingrown looking now after you popped it?

• Posted

After popping it, it bled quite a bit. I put pressure on it and observed it the next day. The next day it look like it filled up with blood again because it was back to its original state. Has not gotten bigger or anything, but I just want my mind to be at ease. I am seeing the doc on Wed. I'll update you guys on what the doctor says.

• Posted

@DG9791@

@ameliamoo@

Saw my gyno today. He reassured me that it was not a cancer spot, not a wart, not an STD. He called it a pimple. He took care of it by puncturing it and drained the blood. Then put some antibiotic cream and a bandaid.

I was a little embarrassed to have wasted his time for a pimple, but he is an understanding doctor. My mind is at ease now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.