Small red spot on penile head?

Posted , 48 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've had two red spots on my penis now for about a month and I'm not quite sure what they are. There's absolutely no pain or itching, nor do they seem to be getting any worse. However, they haven't healed for a month, even with me abstaining from self pleasure. They have a silvery sheen to them when put under light, and they both feel "rough" to the touch, although malleable. 

I should also note that I had not had sex at all, so any STD's aren't really viable here.

What do you guys think, is this serious, or will it pass in the next few weeks? Should I go to a dermatologist just to be sure?

1 like, 78 replies

78 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have the same. On the penis head took all std test came negative except for hsv1 hsv2 igg but doctors said it didnt look like herpes so im gonna go forward with the better westernblot test i believe my hsv1 triggered my hsv2 hope it was that best wishes hope u get good news and its nothing
    • Posted

I have HSV1 (Cold Sores) but I wouldn't expect it to transferred down there. I'm almost positive it's nothing, and I'm probably going to get it checked sometime this week anyways. Thanks for the reply.

• Posted

I believe I have the same issue. One appeared on penis head to right of urethra, and then faded away after 2 weeks, and just when it was about gone, a larger one appeared opposite it. That one is still there 2 weeks later and shows no sign of fading. Your pics are closest I've seen to mine, though your bump looks bigger. I was being treated for drug resistant jock itch, so I did ask the Dr, but all he said was "idk, doesn't look like a wart."

Did you ever find out what it was?

• Posted

Looks like I have exact same as Tom, just one spot on head for about a month. Did you ever find out exactly what it was, how long did you have it? Thanks,J
    • Posted

Nope. It has started to fade some, but still no clue...
  • Posted

Hello! Did you ever find out exactly what this is, how long did this last? Looks like I have exact same for @ a month now. Thanks, J
  • Posted

This is old topic and I hope that everything is okay now! 

I ve had the same thing so I just want to share my opinion and experience to help other. I am not doctor or anything.. For me this looked like syphilis when ive had it.. And it was the same thing all over my penis.. But after a month maybe it went away and never came back.. The thing is it was foliculitis, I think, Simply irritation of the skin and follicles, those are the things that hair grows from.. Now we all have some hair on our penises even if we cant see it.. I used softening creams and stuff and it went away in about a month.. condition was sometimes worse sometimes better in that period.. I mean everybody would say "go and see doctor" but I took my risk and yeah.. Now everything is fine.

• Posted

Thanks for your response, but it doesn't hurt at all, there is no hair, and triple antibiotic hasn't done anything.. so I don't think it is foliculitis ...

• Posted

"after a month maybe it went away"?

well it either did or didnt

• Posted

I have the same thing going on, on the head of my penis (just like in your picture but more towards the top center and I have foreskin). It gets really bright red sometimes but there's absolutely no pain or irritation whatsoever. I've gone to get tested for STD's and they said it was going to take 2 weeks for my results to come in but it's driving me really crazy. I really want to know what this is if ANYONE has any legitimate answers. I've Googled myself out on it and I think I figure it out but then the list symptoms throw me off because it's literally just a red blotch that looks like a sore but there's absolutely no pain or itching or discharge or discomfort of any kind. Nothing. The doctor said it looked fungal but initially she looked confused and said she had NEVER seen anything like it which had me immediately think:

"Well that's a f**ken awesome answer doc..."

She suggested Neosporin (?) I'm caking that stuff on after every shower and in the morning before work. Nothing. It looks like it even got a little bigger since my visit.

What. The. Hell. Is. This.

How do I get rid of it and how do I prevent it from happening again?

Sorry for the long message but I mean come on were all in the same boat here obviously and it's really frightening.

WTF is it?

• Posted

Hi, hope everything ok right now. I've exactly the same thing on my penis head, went to the doctor two days ago and everything he said was "Interesting"...  He said just to keep an eye on it. I don't know what to do now I am worried sick about it. Is it gonna be "erythroplasia"? or just some normal inflammation? absolutely no itch and pain. it feels like nothing there.  

btw did you circumcise? cuz I heard if so it shouldn't be erythroplasia. Thanks!

• Posted

It's funny -all of our doctors had the same response: "interesting" and, "let's keep an eye on that." Smh...

If it gives you any piece of mind, mine went away after about 2 months. Never found out the what or why. And yes, I'm circumsized.

Hopefully it'll be the same for you, just a few months.

• Posted

Thank you very much for the reply, I guess I'll just wait and seesmilesmilesmile

• Posted

I had replied earlier but thought I would update. Sorry, but still no definitive answer. I went to my MD who said it was "Herpes" however I never thought it was and evidently I was right - because I had a ten day regimen of some type of herpes  meds but didn't do a thing. Also the symptoms are different than herpes, which are that it doesn't hurt, doesn't spread, doesn't change at all- it just suddenly shows up and its just there, altogether 4 months for me.

Finally about a week ago it has started to go away. It has separated into 2 small dots rather than one larger " splotch ". Other than being PO'd that its there ( which it is ), and that it was misdiagnosed I am hopeful that it will finally go away for good, as everyone can agree it puts a " damper " on your " social well-being " - I put myself out of circulation until its resolved which is the first time I've ever had to do that.. Anyway, good luck guys and if anyone ever gets a definitive answer on what the hell this is - LET US KNOW!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.