Small red spot on penile head?

Posted , 48 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've had two red spots on my penis now for about a month and I'm not quite sure what they are. There's absolutely no pain or itching, nor do they seem to be getting any worse. However, they haven't healed for a month, even with me abstaining from self pleasure. They have a silvery sheen to them when put under light, and they both feel "rough" to the touch, although malleable. 

I should also note that I had not had sex at all, so any STD's aren't really viable here.

What do you guys think, is this serious, or will it pass in the next few weeks? Should I go to a dermatologist just to be sure?

1 like, 78 replies

78 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey everyone - I have the exact same thing as this! And this is the first discussion I’ve found in now a month that actually shows what I have. It’s super frustrating. Again, no issues such as itch, or pain, or discharge. I do have some pimple type things on my shaft as well, but those blotches are different. Maybe it is follicular infection?? Don’t know and no doctor is able to say what it is. I finally have a dermatologist appointment early next week and am really hoping to get some clarification. Anti fungals, anti bacterial, antibiotics....and nothing works sad(

I’ll let you guys know if I get any answers. Every single one of my STD tests came back negative as well, so it’s a friggin mystery. 

• Posted

Thank you for your pic.... I have exactly the same blotch. Googling made me worry about a skin cancer.... Now, I'm not so sure. It's not a syphilitic chancre, it's not herpes, it's not a wart, it can't be folliculitis because there is no hair in that area, it's not itchy or weeping........ Nobody knows what it is.... I'm close to applying 1% hydrocortisone ointment because one site suggested psoriasis, but I don't think it is as I don't have psoriasis elsewhere. Hydrocortisone can cause thinning of the skin and other problems....... So.... What is the lesion? Beyond waiting for it to 'just disappear', what can be done? I've stopped having sex because I am afraid of irritating it, and if it turned out to be something I could give to my girlfriend, I want to avoid that (unlikely though, as nobody can prove it's an STI)......

• Posted

I'm back to reply to my own post lol. It might well me genital psoriasis.... A post on another site discussed the exact lesion. A dermatologist said it could be genital psoriasis (which can affect only the genitals and not other parts of the body in 2-5%). Alternatively, it could be lichen planus. Either way topical tacrolimus was prescribed and worked after two days of treatment. This ointment does not have the same side effects of hydrocortisone..... Now... I just have to find a dermatologist to write me a prescription!

• Edited

I'm curious if anyone having this recently changed medications. I just started a new drug for hypertension called Telmisartan, also known as Micardis, and then a couple days this red patch showed up on the tip of my penis. The closest thing I find to explain it is Balantis (https://www.idoc24.com/skin-information/intimate-skin-problems/balanitis-foreskin-problems/).  However, I am also wondering if it could Fixed Drug Eruption (FDE) - https://sti.bmj.com/content/sextrans/62/1/56.full.pdf ;  But then again, it doesn't itch at all, so I am at loss. 

• Posted

At the end of the day - if it doesn't go away, either you treat with a light topical steroid for a few days and see if it improves, or see a dermatologist and get a tissue diagnosis. ... Could be anything from an FDE (which i think is less likely) to psoriasis or lichen planus or an infection. .... etc 

• Posted

Have you been able to get cure for it yet? Or is there any improvement since then?
    • Edited

Hi Patrick,

Yeah... It's cured. The cream, pimecrolimus (Elidel) took about three weeks, but but I could see it shrinking after the first week.

David

• Edited

I have cure for this
    • Posted

I dont speak good english but i have the same problem but now im ok i have cure for this,do you translate albanian?
    • Posted

I am very ok with your english i would rather prefer you write me in english it will be very fast for me to understand than transalating it again... thanks
    • Posted

I am from albanian i have the same prb,i go to three doctor but nothing,my cure is this i go 20 day in beach ( Vlora) the sea with much salt,when i go in home i wash my penis with sapon (Dove white) and RmnO4 ( potassium permanganate) and for 20 day im ok i dont have nothing now, potassium permanagante just 1 time in 7 day
    • Posted

Wow, this is so interesting i will wait for another few days if the spot didn't go away, then i will have to try this out too.. thanks for your feedback.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.