SMALLER

Posted , 11 users are following.

I know as we get older our bodies do change. But, my goodness, does our I am sorry I will just put out there, will our vaginas get smaller?

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Who knows but sex hurts Uti's are prevalent and pain itching and uncomfortableness is not in everyone's future but it was in mine

• Posted

My future is not looking hopeful. But, there is some costly help that insurance does not pay for. But, first I woud have to have alot of info plus ahuge piggy bank.
    • Posted

I know. It's criminal that insurance does not cover the Mona Lisa treatment because it has worked for many. But 3000 in my area is out of reach for many How can we lobby for coverage. Are you in The United States

• Posted

Yes in Ky. How about you? Is there anything else beside ml? I prefer not to give up my sex life with my hubby!
    • Posted

The amount insurance pays for utis plus yeast infections. The number of ladies that have them would be crazy. Not to mention the ones untreated for va living in pain in silence.
    • Posted

California here. Nothing my buy ML worked for me
    • Posted

Hello Nancy and Ladies

I am in Virginia in the US. Yes...We do need to lobby somehow for coverage for the Mona Lisa if it works to heal pain and suffering for VA!.....we need to do something!  Even Vagifem with insurance is expensive.  I have not checked here yet to see what the cost is for ML.....probably not as low as some places in the country as we are in Northern Virginia outside Washington DC.

Intimacy for me is just about impossible......my poor husband....he is so patient...understanding.  For those who Get UTIs after intimacy my urologist has me take a  Macrobid medication and to try to pee after. ( I cannot believe I am sharing all this but I think we need to share what we know.)

Blessings to you all!

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy. I took macrobid but as soon as I stopped uti came back. Went to a urologist who thought I had intersistal cystitis and treated me for that. Then Premarin. For me nothing worked.

This is a debilitating problem

• Posted

All I can say is thank goodness my husband lost his sex drive once he turned 55. It may be due to the medications he is on, but either way, neither of us cares. We are happy with snuggling and kissing!
  • Posted

Mine got shorter by about 1.5 inches. The length went back to original after just one Mona Lisa Treatment.?Yet another benefit of the ML.
  • Posted

Mine has. It does not seem as deep and the external bits are smaller and thinner.
  • Posted

since this started for me I have gotten a lot smaller. It really upsets me I can barely put the yuvafem in

• Posted

I am sorry you are going thru this. It is painful, upsetting and I know I feel like no answers. Sex is psinful for me. All of this causes me to have utis and yeast infections. I will be going back to dr today, second time in three weeks for infection. I said in another reply, we are told about everything else growing up till we get to this phase in our lives. Hang in there. The ladies here are for each other thank goodness. Vent all you need to and ask. I don't know until ask.

Grateful for this site.

• Posted

Donna how are you feeling otherwise?  Have not heard from you?  Are your symptoms and discomforts improving with the VA?

Wendy

• Posted

Ladies, as I read these messages I see much pain and suffering. No answers, trips to the doctors, yeast infections, UTI's, painful sex, vaginal canals getting shorter, medications that don't work or help. Yes nobody tells us to get ready for these things. We are left in the dark and most doctors don't have a clue how to treat a woman going into menapause and beyond either. Except give them some anti depressants some anti biotics and maybe some anti anxiety pills. As a womans body winds down and eventually periods end our hormone levels drop dramatically. Mainly estrogen, the hormone that keeps our vaginal canal healthy, plump and lubricated. Take away estrogen and what happens to this very sensitive area. It starts to thin, shorten, burn, dry up and cause other unpleasant issues like UTI"s and yeast infections. The thinning going on is what leaves us opened to the protective barrier we use to have to the bladder. More bacteria infections occur because of this. Antibiotics sometimes work but usually quit working because it is not solving the ultimate problem, the thinning lining leaving us opened to that harmful bacteria. Its putting a bandaid on the problem and not a fix. What does the body need to fix? Estrogen. Drs are not keen on using hormone replacement because of the use of synthetic forms used for many years have brought on more problems for women. Seeking drs outside your GP is typically necessary if you want some real fix. Alternative or holistic drs that have studied bio identical hormones and their safey is something that could help all you women suffering. Estriol is a very safe estrogen but you need a dr that will be on board 100% with you. You need to rebuild these thinning walls. I see many young women in discomfort, giving up on their intimacy with spouses and it shouldn't need to be this way. I'm over 2 years menapausal. Seen my lubrication dry up almost as quickly as periods ended. I found a holistic dr, got proper bloodwork done and have been on bio identical estrodial, estriol, testosterone and progesterone. I've been pain free, lubrication is no problem and still have intimacy in my life. I am 57 and plan to be on bios for the rest of my life. The key to success is the right dr and lab work and the right amount of hormones for your needs. Good luck to you all. 

• Posted

That works but many like me have had estrogen positive breast cancer so can't touch systemic estrogen. I have found the Mona Lisa to be a life saver. I have had 5 treatments and feel a big difference. I am glad you can use the estrogen. I would if I could.

• Posted

jean0078, thats great that you have found relief in the mona lisa treatments. Like bio identicals its a shame its not covered under insurance for more women to find relief. Life can be better but unfortunately comes at a hefty cost for women. Nice to hear mona lisa treatments have worked for women that have suffered with breast cancer. 
    • Posted

up and down yuvafem x 3 a week but still not normal.. Just got back from vacation long car ride and it set off a pretty good flare.

How are you Wendy?

• Posted

me too Melinda when my va first started and no one seemed to understand how severe the burning and pain was this site saved my life I think
    • Posted

wish I could find a doctor like yours . I think I am better informed than mine are

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.