Smoking and kidney

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi 

I am occasional smoker, and found with kidney issue and did a biopsy. Biopsy result did not say anything but suspicion is the uncontrolled BP. My doctor advised not to smoke at all, and not even passive. I suspect it the BP he is trying to control by doing this.

Any other disadvantage on kidney on smoking?

Thank you, 

CS

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Smoking is bad for the whole body because of the way it affects circulation and of course it is carcinogenic! I was 16 when my Dad died of lung cancer from smoking at age 56. Just stop!
  • Posted

Smoking can affect medicines used to treat high blood pressure. Uncontrolled or poorly controlled high blood pressure is a leading cause of kidney disease.

Smoking slows the blood flow to important organs like the kidneys and can make kidney disease worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.