SNORING like a freight train now

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there,  Lately I have been snoring very similar to a freight train my husband says.   rolleyes  I seem to have phlem in my throat and need to cough during the days.   I assume this is from digestive changes?  My husband and our dog were found in the spare room sleeping last night.   cry cool eek

0 likes, 95 replies

95 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Could be,but check with your GP as it could be an infection.
  • Posted

Hi Dottie,sure not allergy that will give mucus going down back throat if laid on your back ,give you cough,sinus cough it's called.get a good cough mixture,few nights it's settled.

Hey took B12 Dottie X your fingers for me.hope it gets anxiety down and gone,worked for Jay .XX

• Posted

Hi Marlene

i felt my energy waning on Tuesday and yesterday was worse..

i get to about 12 days then need a B12 injection.. I had one last night..

and energy great today... 

i use the Spanish Optovite B12 ampoules, one lasts a month roughly but i need two a month ... feel better for it.. 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

150mg of B6 sorted my anxiety.. 

B12 boosted my energy..

good luck Jay xx

• Posted

Think we all need these jabs ,my cousins husband on B12 injections regular,like you,he's got ulcerative colitis,lovely chap,but those injections certainly boost him.

I was saying to Dottie,on the B 12  split them in to doses twice a day,see if they react as B6 for couple days,on my IBS,got 2bottles from Hollandand Barrett,only had 1000if okay will try and get Jarrows as you suggested. 100 tabs in bottle.

Poor old Dottie,weather plays havoc,with my rhinitis,yes I get that tickle cough  not all the time just now and again. Husband gets same with his asthma,off and on,weird both say weather,so can't win with that,if not on chest ,I wouldn't worry about it.

Freezing here again.    Your girls birthday today,Jay xx

• Posted

Was told to start Multi Vit after I had that B......y virus,to boost my immune system that's when I found B6 was a prob for IBS,as tried B6 on it's own,maybe try againX
    • Posted

Jay looked at that meno list ticked off 36  blooming  heck.glad no insomnia what with having Tinnitus I'd be well up the creek  my 2 cousins got insomnia bad,menopause,wait till they see that list .going to show my girl as well.X
    • Posted

Hi Marlene

Yes couldnt live without B12 jabs

Jarrows 5000mcg is the best tab form, strongest, red label.. Cherry chewable 

Yes my daughter 24 today 😀

Yours on 24 Aug yes ?

Other half said its nippy in Uk

Bright blue sky and 36 degs here, been in pool ,,, great !!!  Yee har !

Jay xx 

• Posted

HiJJ and Mar... You are the only two ladies chatting I see....are you having fun? cheesygrin

I remember a post from before about phlem and coughing.  Now I have it. It just started.  Even the dog was scared rolleyes  my throat is not sore or do I feel ill, temperature or anything....blame it on menopause I will.

• Posted

Hi Dottie

oh poor you, snoring like a train... and now this one.. 😥

hey !!! dont you scare that little dog ... or he will want to sleep in spare room again 😳

i have dogs.... Two German Shepherds .... they are from UK 😃

and Cocker Spaniel... and a spanish stray that was almost dead when i picked her up in mountains, skin and bones... that was four years ago.. shes lovely now..chubby, friendly, loving... 

i was thinking about her other day we took her to have her gear box out, wonder if dogs feel odd after like we do... bless her she never got supplements ... 

jay xx

• Posted

Hey Jay family who' had total 5 Cocker spaniels 3 Roans ,daughter has 2 Orange Roans,

I had a girl Kate,then 2 boys together Morgan and Dylan,lost Dylan 3 years ago Morgan 2 years prior.all my 3 were,13 yrsold,the daughters we have odd days Katie is 8 and hooligan Henry is 7. Loveable breed .

It's fairly quiet here today. Just put heating on.6pm,been trying to rain all day,that wind is biting. Where in UK is your fella Jay .? Bet he's wishing he was out in Spain.x

• Posted

Hi Marlene

arr .. dog lover too 😀 they keep me busy, hence needing my B12 😀😀😀

other half on east coast ... Norwich way... .. said its rather autumnal..

i always use to say, once my daughter had her birthday a week or so later it was cold ...

he works here there and everywhere ... UK stint at mo..

i had better go and feed the little monkeys now

have a great evening

Jay xx

• Posted

OMG Jay this will never end.  biggrin Now my dog and my husband are running scared rolleyes  but it will be over they say ....yah in about 5 years.  Dogs are always panting ... maybe menopause.  Hmmmmmm mine gets hot flashes.
    • Posted

Hi Dottie..

hahahaha .. 😃 well i have reached menopause so i am told ...  mine was 9-10 years 😳 sad hope yours isnt that long..

but... a least I didnt take HRT so how I feel now is how i will feel ..

no coming off HRT at 60 and doing it all again ... cant even begin to think about that... Jeeeeez

Jay x

• Posted

Hmmm Jay now my periods started to get lighter a few years back, then these allergies started, I started to have heart palpitations, thought it was the green tea I was drinking, my thighs got very itchy but have no night sweats or hot flashes so I hope this isn't the calm before the storm. My mom had me at age 45 and her periods never came back so she went through nothing gruelling except the fact that she had me! heehee 

So who knows how things will work out ...but it's fun chatting on here with my new meno friends and they do say things happen for a reason so ladies don't worry...be happy!  Just like the song.  cool

• Posted

Hi Dottie..

Green Tea ... What is that like.... Yak ..

I cant drink normal Tea, smells gross, I make it for other half, holding my nose, my daughter a tea belly...

i tried it, just don't like it... Cant drink these thick drinks they mush up in blender either.... My throat says NO ... 😃

back to menopause... My Mum sailed through hers, two years it was done, she started at age 42 and finished at age 44 she said, no HRT .. She didnt take HRT as she lost two sisters with breast cancer who were on HRT.

I remember my mother drinking sanatogan wine to boost her energy.. And also having iron back then... And thyroid meds.. ( underactive) shes 83 now 

so I am high risk with HRT and I also I had endometriosis and cysts so no HRT for me too.... i am fine now in every way after scans but glad i didnt take it...   

My hormones declined now and feel ok, I should now feel like this for ever, with seeing my non functioning no follicles ovaries, Gyno said menopause reached... So we will see... 😳 supps I manage on, I have to, when Imread HRT risks, don't think I would of had it anyway.. Dont want two menopauses, no way .... 

well the suns shining... And its a beautiful day ... Have a nice one Dottie 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay,  I think it was mixed in iced tea.  This was years back  I don't drink it today probably because it was gross.  rolleyes  So now that you are in full blown menopause (lucky.biggrin),  you still keep taking the same vitamins as much forever?  Now you can enjoy life as peri is all over. ahhhhhh. Have a nice warm day!  xxoo
    • Posted

Hi Dottie

Yes I will keep taking all the same supplements for ever,

Going to add Vit E capsules and idodine of kelp now too.

I use to take kelp all the time .. Good for thyroid function

Jay xx 

• Posted

Greetings Jay...That's good you are doing great and your mom too biggrin  I didn't snore last night so there is hope.  He has ear plugs he got from work so he had those ready! haha and the dog has ear muffs. Perimenopause is just a life phase to go through but as you are on the other side now and over the worst.  Glory days are now ahead, so we have something to look forward to!  Ahhhhhh!

• Posted

Hi Marlene

Happy birthday  🎂 🎉🎈

have a lovely day 

Jay xxxxxxx

• Posted

Hey Marlene heard through the grape vine that it's your birthday.  Have a good day dear! cheesygrin cheesygrin cheesygrin
    • Posted

Thanks kind ladies for birthday wishes,so kind

Got up with high Anxiety  I'm always worse for few days around this time each month,all Gyne ,weird how much higher it can get,been same for over this past 8 years never left me.

Plus my ears are sky high ,Sister and daughter been sat chatting about menopause,sister 73 she's still having probs,no females get a break regardless to age,keeps on raising it's ugly head.

So we keep on trucking.did have some nice presents along with flowers,so in all not bad a birthday,got my cards up,in full view.XX

• Posted

Hi Marlene

have a lovely day hun.. 🎉🎊🎈

oh i too just had like a phantom pmt few days... Fed up of it...

been fine for 5 months and boom..

gonna try estriol vag cream tomorrow for sure ... As no solid light at the end of this long tunnel.... 

Enjoy your birthday .... Hope you feel brighter as day goes on ...

Jay Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks Taz,another year older ooooooooooh

What's age ,still get our problems regardless,Royal Pain in backside.

We're survive .tomorrows another day.xxx

• Posted

They do say that those who have the most birthdays live the longest biggrin
    • Posted

Read your post Jay earlier,to the ladies,my you been doing okay of late.

You think maybe it's going to go finally die a death,then slap off it goes again.

Let's know how you go on,I'd say try anything all you can do,I've never known so many females having these probs like B.........y epidemic of hormone troubles,you name it we've got it going on,Mar xxx

• Posted

Love that  must tell my eldest sister to,got a good heart she has,Always saying want to be around to get in a mobility scooter,both of us doing a ton up down the park.in old age,keep my distance from her I would as she's never driven a car,so I'd get her L plates on one of them,we laugh.xxxx
    • Posted

Hi Marlene

yeah i know what you mean... But as i share my experience and been lucky the last 5 months have been calm ( odd niggle) only seems right to mention to the lovely ladies the blips from nowhere or they may think they should be feeling good always when meno reached ... And that doesnt happen 😄

today .. Right now... All good, done chores, vacuumed pool ( didnt fall in) 

Next i just need to tackle these hot flushes that i had for about 3-4 months and the vag dryness discomfort and bingo ...  ' Full house ' winner 😃

have a great evening.. ' oh its Dragons Den later ' 

Jay xx

• Posted

Well Marlene, as they say you aren't getting older....you are getting better.  cheesygrin   Well....once this damn menopause settles down that is.   cheesygrin rolleyes
    • Posted

They do say that the only thing that doesn't improve with age is a banana biggrin
    • Posted

Think the Gyne anxiety the pits,weird how it happens or the why,know hormones brain tells you but don't stop it,been told worse if you've got IBS at same time,As bowel and womb only 10 cms apart,is. That why meno woman get the anxiety bad there,find sitting uncomfortable,due to same area,spoken .need it passed by a Gyne dr who understands it,maybe then help.wished your Gyne chap on line to ask Jay,he was good knew his job.for a male dr.

Think better to know,all the blips ( to mildly put it ) than not know,less to worry about Jay,if they get these things return again but wee bit different,throws you that's for sure.

I'm sat watching Friends .we watch Dragons Den later,it's 5pm just gone here.

Glad you've stayed busy,we've just had tea,got colder to,no sun out,xx

• Posted

Hahahahaha 

very true...

well, i am having a moment .. Thought i would grab a glasses wipe to do my glasses lenses as abit smeary....

walked from kitchen to living room rubbing them, flaming arm fell off, and the screw is long gone... 😳

Been laid on floor ( marble) seeing if it sits above the ground level, dog thinks i am playing and jumped on my head .. jeeeeeeeeez

anyway cant find it... Hahahahaha

spare pair  here we come ...

Jay xxx

• Posted

Agree Dottie and Taz,all this carry on one waiting game ,if game is the right word for it,feel for the ones no comp or I pad ,to get to talking about their symptoms ,and don't understand what in hells name is going on with them.

Least on a comp etc you do get advice,that's the blessing here,miles apart,but a connection ,no matter where we are in the world.xx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

yea the anxiety is not nice, now that is one thing i dont think I have much of now..

we blame the oestrogen decline 😃 = anxiety 

mind you we have three different forms of oestrogen so even thats not just one thing...  (estradiol, estriol, and estrone)!

dont know what to have for tea 😓

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

its nice isnt it ... Having support world wide 😃

all in same boat... sharing our doom 😃

jay xx

• Posted

Nice to feel is some there as will need it sooner rather than later, due to op in a month to remove ovaries, so finding all the info helpful.
    • Posted

Hi Taz 

yep we will be here for you hun....  😊

is it the 15 Sept did you say ... 

jay xx

• Posted

Yes, provided neurology and the anaethetist get their fingers out. The former ordered a test back in May and the letter was lost, until he gets the results the anaethetist will not even look at the file and could refuse to go ahead. Test needed is just 10 days before op date and only taking place as I pushed for it
    • Posted

Test nothing to do with op so just being obstructive and obnoxious
    • Posted

Hi Taz

oh hun, you don't need that to worry about too..

They do that here in spain, bloods no more than 10 days before an op, just routine, to check all okay, etc... 

Avoid people with colds.... ' run opposite direction' as they wont do any op with colds and coughs... 

jay xx

• Posted

They do bloods too,done mine already but according to a letter I got yesterday seem to have lost them.

This is completely seperate and unrelated test that is not a pre-op one.Just put a paper on file and tick the box for neurology. Seperate departments but as asked for then not done now made it their buisness.

Not know a from e comes to mind.

If anyone believes I really do need prayer on this one that all goes to plan.

• Posted

Hi Taz

i know hun... I am sure it will be fine...

and on 16 Sept its relax, recouperate and put it behind you time..

and join the hot flush brigade ... I am having one right now ☺️

In fact i am a little on fire ..

be positive ... And strong.... jay xx

• Posted

Thanks and hope so too. Certainties and actualities I can cope with, it is uncertainties that stress me out
    • Posted

Hi Taz

cant your doctor reassure you, tell him your anxious as its all arse about face, and you need to relax pre op..

ask him what on earth are you suppose to think ... surely it will be confirmed as all okay 

Jay xx

• Posted

The GP doesn't seem to care and I've been after the Anaesthetist for the last week myself, he won't play ball or even speak to me.

The Neurologist has gone on leave and won't be back until 4 days before the test, from what his secretary says seems will not care as too busy, the cancellation of an op is not being seen as an emergency.

PALS, the patient liason service, is now involved and they can get no answers either

All I can do is worry and stress feeling that no one cares or wants to answer.

All I can now see is cancellation.

• Posted

Well hot flashes just a way to confirm that you are hot stuff dear cheesygrin
    • Posted

Hi Taz

hey... Not necessarily .... Keep positive ..

no news is good news as they say..

naughty of PALS to ignore you... 

jay xx

• Posted

Dottie

hahahaha

I didnt realise that of course i am hot stuff 😃 

do you get hot flushes ? it must be the weather here ... But i love it, not complaining... Just my poor old body trying to cool down ..

oh well.... 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hope your right. Positivity is difficult as a tendancy towards OCD means I fret when things are out of my control and things are further complicated by PTSD from taking aid to Bosnia for eight years during the war and recently to Syria.
    • Posted

Hi Taz

oh bless you hun....  

Well nothing has been cancelled, so all should be good, everything will be in the pipeline with the others, edging their way to where they should be ..

try not to worry about it ...

big hug Taz 

jay jay xx

• Posted

Sad Taz ,you go and help another human in this life,I always think life is wrong how it works out,there are those out there who wouldn't cross the road to help another in need,and they sail through life untouched,never get that.

Hope your troubles get sorted ASAP,sit on them hard ,don't get fobbed off .

• Posted

Hi dear Marlene, are you eating lotsa cake? We  are here for a reason so to do good while we are here is a blessing to be a blessing to others.  I don't know the reason for this damn Menopause though.  cheesygrin  it's a setback rolleyes
    • Posted

I try and live by a motto they had in Vietnam - I've spent my time in hell and I don't regret it.

Yeah lifes a b then you die but as they say what goes around comes around and as a staunch Catholic with more compassion than sense I could not look myself in the mirror if I walked on by.

• Posted

Hi Jay you are hot!  biggrin  I don't get them yet or night sweats like my sister.  I guess I am a cold b****  rolleyes redface Oops I better go now ......
    • Posted

Hi Dottie 😃

we are here for a reason ..

we are here to eat Marlenes Cake 🎉🎂🎂🍰🎂🍰

😃

Jay xx

• Posted

That's true they quickly spoil but good in smoothies biggrin
    • Posted

Hey Jay, Marlene can send us a piece via Fed Ex cheesygrin  I have the menopause munchies!  sad
    • Posted

Hi Dottie

thata a great idea.... 🍰🎂🍰🎂🍰🎈🎈🎈

hope its a big piece ay  😳

Jay xx

• Posted

No truer words ever said Taz,still ask that one question Why,An old vicar years ago told me never stop asking that question,and you will one day receive the answers,never forgotten him ,always bear that in mind today,to some degree when you get despondent.Look around the world,trouble ,fighting,all main cause is males at bottom of its troubles,with exception to few females,who are bad and as evil,Sad it all is,that's for sure .Wouldnt want to be any of them on judgement day.To late for those then xx
    • Posted

Hey girls I'd give you a cupcake with a candle on willingly,only 2 hours left to my day,then off I go to the next  to be honest they've sped along since I was 21,same to length we've been married,my old fella often says that,he's sat with MY remote control ,doesn't get hold of that often,lucky lad,he's watching a film,he videod earlier. Lara Croft The cradle of life.

It's raining,heating on .Soon be Christmas thought that would cheer you all up. Or not.xxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene

hahaha

oh i love thise Lyon choc cup cakes .... Wow been ages since had one of those bad boys 

soon be christmas indeedy ....🎄 😳

hahahahaha... Thats made me laugh...

take care 

Jay xx

• Posted

Thank you Sharcerv.not been a bad day all round,anxiety dropped around 4pm,I must wear it down,horrid it is,knowing same old thing tomorrow,run the gauntlet so to speak.Were be alright.your see.
    • Posted

marlene21102 The day we stop asking why is the day we feel we alone have all the answers, at that point the trouble starts as it is at that point we seek to impose them on others.

Oh heck, hobbyhorse again. Wonder if philosophysing is one of the symptoms? smile

• Posted

Think as females we all look for answers,it's in our DNA.Life is about control over another,has been since human life began ,civilisations gone because of it wiped out.Not what it was meant to be,but that's where we are to this day,sad as it is ,rather spend money on wars than feed kids on this planet.

Society is truly sick.brought home to me back years ago when I saw youngsters 3 to 5 yrs old running behind grain lorries wheel tracks  picking up grains that had fallen through the floors of these lorries.these were just babies.never forgotten it ever. That was Ethiopia famine.Nothings changed.

• Posted

It never does and I've given up being shocked by mans inhumanity. I've been in Darfur, Somalia, Rwanda and many other places, different faces but not alot else
    • Posted

Hi jayneejay

Decided to get time release Vit B complex with Vit C, also Calcium with magnesium and Zinc for after the op.

Trying to be positive so went to Holland and Barrett, and got them today. As in it will take place on 15th, even though still know nothing, so will need them.

• Posted

Hi Taz

thats the spirit, get all the supps sorted ready..

do you have a partner to look after you after... you will need some TLC..

and abit of help, you have to recoupage slowly.. softly softly..

all will be okay.. ' no news is good news'

jay jaynxx 

• Posted

No partner and never have had. My fiancee was killed in the early 1990's on one of our aid convoys to Bosnia. Live with my sister and she hopes to take the week after off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.