SNORING like a freight train now

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there,  Lately I have been snoring very similar to a freight train my husband says.   rolleyes  I seem to have phlem in my throat and need to cough during the days.   I assume this is from digestive changes?  My husband and our dog were found in the spare room sleeping last night.   cry cool eek

0 likes, 95 replies

95 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Dottie

oh poor you.. i dont think I snore... 😳 its not  been mentioned by my fella, i can talk sometimes in sleep he says..

bit I do get a thick mucasy throat  at times..  thought its maybe the hot dry weather here for me...

not sure Dottie

Jay xx 

• Posted

Hi JJ and Mar,   I only cough to clear my throat and that's not often and this snoring is new too.  I am falling apart slowly dears.  biggrin
  • Posted

My allergies have gotten a whole lot worse since peri. Last week I caught what I thought was a cold and turns out it was my allergies. I am a lot better now but I still get that phlegm in my throat first thing in the morning where I have to cough it up and I am clearing my throat a lot. I had a bit of laryngitis last week. I finally sound like myself with the tendency to sound hoarse every now and again. I don't start getting hoarse or start coughing until night time. But during the day my throat and voice seem to be clear for the most part. It's just weird.
    • Posted

Oh yes Sharcerv I have allergies too.  I read that they become new or worse with peri.  I started to get allergies a few years back.  Very dry eyes, red and itchy at times.  At times I sneeze too.  My husband changes the filter on the furnace often and now I keep the windows closed in the summer so no pollen can get in the house.  That helped.  I also use tears/visine eye drops.  biggrin
    • Posted

Oh joy. Got severe ones as is don't need anymore or them worse sad
    • Posted

What's next?  cheesygrin  Anything is possible with peri  sad  We just need to go with the flow (no pun intended) 
    • Posted

As surgey will plunge me straight into the menopause I will hopefully avoid things like this.
    • Posted

Hi Dottie

thats exactly the way to look at it... go with the flow.. and take each day at a time... Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Taz

ummm maybe not... your symptoms may be severe hun, as so sudden..

whether they last I cant say..... a friend of mine also had a hysterectomy in her 30's this was 20 years ago, and ahe was put on HRT..

i had endometriosis when I was 30 ... I was in UK then..

the Gyno woman said, have a hysterectomy, as this endometriosis will return in 5 years after laser... I said no.., I will have the laser and take my chance..

i had 4 hours of laser to remove the adhesions and endo..

and... it never came back and I would of had a hysterectomy for no reason..

in early peri I had two ovarian cysts.. just follicular, they were at different times, but  they grew borderline surgery.. 6 mm, but as my periods we not regular the didnt disperse... but did eventually...after another heavy period i had ...

did you say you had a cyst Taz ?  isnt it removable ? avoiding hysterectomy.

as i think in UK they offer that op with no consideration for the effects..

i spoke to my Gyno here about this, and he said thank goodness I chose not have a hysterectomy at age of 30  ... he said that op is a last resort .. when no other options.. 

did they give you any options or just say hysterectomy..

i dont know your ins and outs obviously, but wouldnt like to think you were having it when theres less major options.. 

Jay xx 

• Posted

Hi Taz

if your already full menopause before op, they say symptoms are not bad.. as you are already full meno.. so much the same after..

but if not in peri .. they are quite severe.. as its sudden loss of hormones .

if in peri... may be severe or moderate to start.. or you may be lucky..

i dont know which phase you are now.

lets hope your lucky hun..

Jay xx

• Posted

So far as I know I'm not, though the consultant feels that a couple of things I said the other day indicate I may have been Peri for the last year.

My age, 49, means that both ovaries and both fallopian tubes will need removing. The reason this is recommended is that severe gynae problems including ovarian cancer are likely down the line if it is not done.

• Posted

They are Dermoid cysts which have a high chance of recurrance and a 30% chance of being cancerous when they recur in women over 50
    • Posted

Hi Taz

yes i know all about those ... they are solid mass cysts, I wont go into details..

I did alot of research into cysts when I had two.. mine were follicular that grew, not dermoid..

think your doing the right thing then hun...

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Taz

well if I had those type hun, I would do the same as you..

i was thinking maybe you had follicular that grew as they can be removed..

and not risky as we all have follicular cysts each cycle... 

no hun, you do right... and so stock up on your supplements ... so the menopause gets some relief ...  

if you need help of what to buy just ask us ladies on here we all have different remedies ...

if they think your in peri then the symptoms wont be to much of a shock, as you know what its like...  you will be fine hun, when its done its done and you can put it all behind you... and join my menopause world 😳

Jay xx

• Posted

I already suffer crippling migraines - these have got worse in the last couple of years.

My head gets so hot at night it is like a blinking hot water bottle. I was always cold at night but now throw the duvet off as I'm too hot - again has happened in the last  year.

I am permantley weepy and have been for about eighteen months

As an epileptic I am well used to being dizzy and suffer ataxia.

In the last year my vision has worsened and blurred.

Think I'm falling apart smile

• Posted

oh Taz

bless you hun... 

you have to keep as cool as you can in meno..

i had hot flushes and night sweats in early peri, and went..

but now i am meno the day flushes came back... but... its because its 36 plus degrees in southern Spain at the moment ... so hot flushes are they way we cool down... weird ugh..

i jump in pool and i am fine, as its sooooo cooling... then i am starving when i ger out as the body tries to warm up in the pool usimg energy, that why everyone gets hungry after a swim..

vicious circle 😀

headaches are awful... i havent had a period for a year.. and my last one last year i had migraine from hell ... four days and nights constant.. 

just remember to tey and keep cool as its the best thing .. even a fan in the bedroom helps, if no AC ... 

you will be fine Taz... we are all here if you need us..

Jay xx

• Posted

I have to be extra careful with overheating as it causes a fit if I do, fortunatly I live in the UK where 28 is well hot. Today was 19
    • Posted

Hi Taz

so cool is better for you then sweetie..

i am originally from UK.. 

my daughter lives in London, shes 24 today 😃

my parents bless them, they live in Lincolnshire..

My son lives near by me in Southern Spain.. Hes 29.

Partner works over seas so dont see him alot ..

hes currently in UK working..

nice talking to you Taz 

you take care

Jay xx

• Posted

I live just 17 miles from the centre of London and nice talking to you jayneejay

Big hug and take care

Taz xx

• Posted

Yes dear Jay helps us get through these gruelling steps of life called menopause! rolleyes confused rolleyes sad redface cry = cheesygrin.  I know I am feeling much better after starting the B6 and B12 thanks to Dr. Jay!  There is hope! xo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.