So afraid because I feel like my body is vibrating constantly. Can it really just be snxiety?

Posted , 20 users are following.

I have had bouts of anxiety and depression (they feed into ones other of course) for much of my life, and stopped drinking alcohol a year ago because I was drinking too much and that was becoming more of a problem than the other problems. I proudly came off citalopram 6 months ago, and have so many reasons NOT to be anxious or depressed, you could say that my life has never been more stable than it is now.

About 2 weeks ago I started feeling ill again, indescribably tired, tearful, scared, feelings of doom, feeling that I'm a terrible mother, useless at my job, not a good partner, struggling to do the smallest tasks - they feel like massive jobs etc etc. I recognise that these might mean I'm depressed, but can't understand why - all the bad stuff I had in my life has gone. What I'm really asking for advice with is that I feel like my body is constantly vibrating, all over and all the time. I sit there almost listening to my body - it is so frightening and sends me into a panic attack. Accompanying this are aches and pains in every limb, really sore arms and fingers, so bad I can cry from it. I wonder if I'm causing these aches by sitting so tensely and trapping nerve signals down my arms? I've googled every neurological disease known to man, and have self-diagnosed MS, motor-neurone, cancer, brain tumours and more. I dare to go to my GP incase he tells me I have got one of these illnesses and couldn't go along anyway as he'd think I was crazy when I list a dozen random complaints. I'd just sound like a hypochondriac.

Please, can anyone put my mind at ease by telling me that the vibrating and aches aren't a life threatening illness but can be caused by anxiety? I'd still feel dreadful but it would help me to calm down. I feel so alone and scared at the moment, spend hours and hours sitting in fear, tears rolling down my cheeks for nothing. I have to keep going for my 3 kids and responsible job but feel like running away and giving in to it all. I feel as if I could crack at any moment and that I'm hanging onto life by my fingertips. Could my depression be back and about this cause trembling and several other physical complaints? Sorry to go on. Thank you.

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sara,

I hope your doing better and have your anxiety under control I came across your post and I can relate to every single aspect you described. I have never had an issue with my mental health until oct last year a few months after my 3rd child I started to suffer horrible anxiety it got so bad when I started getting pains In my legs they thought I had a blood clot and I was admitted to hospital with concerns it had traveled to my lungs I was given the all clear and over the last 9 months I have developed a number of symptoms from muscle spasms to aches and pains extreme muscle fatigue vertigo dizziness the latest has been this buzzing vibrating trembling feel where I can actually see pasty of my body particularly my hands tremble and shake. I too have self diagonised myself with every one of those illnesses you listed. I just wanted to respond and reach out because I too feel very alone and freightened. Just wondering if you got any answers or if this has stopped. Take care I hope things have gotten better for you x

• Posted

i too started feeling like this i had a baby 3months ago and received an epidural for the first time started getting horrible headaches, my anxiety grew worse, depression from how i was feelig and now i feel like my whole is vibrating started with just my foot and seems to start affecting everything else now im being told to take fluoxitine its all in my head which i really dont want to take medicine. i took medicine for my headaches for about a week but just made my anxiety worse so i stopped been told my headaches are migranes, cluster headaches, maybe even epidura headaches but my symptoms didnt match up. anyways now dealing with this buzzing sensation and its driving me crazy!
  • Posted

Hi,

I have Essential Tremors, undiagnosed origin because I don't have any family history of it and it came on suddenly, like yours. I have been terrified by this expand the medical community has not been helpful. I have had to figure out so much on my own. I am still being diagnosed because my right leg is getting weak. I don't have MS or Parkinson's. I had those tests. I do have a spot on my spine. Again, unknown what it is right now. They don't seem overly concerned. I hope you have a good neurologist. I am on Primidone and Propanalol. Unfortunately, they don't help with internal tremors. It is very scary and they do need to find out if there's a reason. I was also at the happiest time in my life when this happened. My life won't be the same. I move all of the time to avoid he shaking feeling and it burns. I watch funny videos at night to help my mood and try to keep moving all day. I just hope I don't burn out. Congratulations on your Sobriety! 

Susan

• Posted

The kind of vibrating described here sounds a lot like a buildup of etheric energy or simply activity in the energy body. Happens when you get deep into meditation, or less commonly when you just clean up your life and live healthy. Its an oversimplication but essentially true.

I've experienced those kinds of vybz since I quit drinking and smoking and started taking better care of my body, watching what I eat. Fear (anxiety) can cripple you when you and when you allow your mind to start imagining scenarios of what could be wrong with you, you will find something to freak out about. I wonder what you know about higher energies - our bodies are powered by subtle energies that respond to how we live our lives and what goes on in our minds. Perhaps you have energy blockages in some of your energy centers, etc. But the main thing is you just have ALOT of energy circulating in you hence all the vibrating and tingling sensations.

It CAN'T hurt you in any way that I can imagine, but if you decided to work on activating your energy centers (chakras), starting with red so you're more grounded, and then working your way up slowly, you would be able to do amazing things.

• Posted

Hi Sara, 

It's me again. Since I last wrote, I have been diagnosed with a progressive myelopathy in my spine. Hopefully, treatment will work but no guarentees. Meditation helps me not to freak out. I also hum to myself to elevate my mood and as I said in an earlier reply, I watch funny videos at night. It's awful and I feel for you. I wonder...how are you doing?

Shaky Susan of New York

• Posted

I am worried that everyone here thinks this is  about stress and anxiety. Mine was not, but if I didn't fight with my healthcare providers and go to a neurological hospital, I would not have had an MRI which showed theblesion on my spine. Internal tremors are terrible and can be debilitating. Don't just say it's a Chakra or stress, anxiety etc until you exhaust Parkinson's, MS, myelopathies etc. leave it to a good neurologist and yes, there are good and bad Dr's.  

• Posted

I have symptoms of adrenal insufficiency and take hydrocortisone daily. I don't take much hydrocortisone each day, down to 10 mg, but I know when I'm low because I'll start stressing when there's no reason to stress or my body starts vibrating or sometimes I get a forceful heartbeat which I can feel through my whole body. I'm so thankful that my doctor gave me the medicine I need to function. I don't like taking steroids but I do like being alive! Many more symptoms went away or lessened after starting the hydrocortisone. There are some negatives however living and functioning are positives! Praise God I'm alive!

• Posted

Hi Sara, have you found any answers about your condition? I’m in the same boat as you. I’m waiting to see a neurologist but everyone seems to think it’s my anxiety. Please let me know how you are doing! 
    • Posted

Hi, I have internal tremors, the correct name for the internal vibrating we feel. I have read online that internal tremors are easier to handle than external. This is not true for me. I hate the internal tremors more than the external I have recently been having as well. I have seen a neurologist now they are sending me to a spine doctor for the lesion on my spine ( They have no idea what it is yet!) 

It is so hard not to be angry over how much I had to fight to get an mri to show I actually had something wrong. I am bitter about the whole thing.  Good luck dealing with this. I’m on gabapentin and  Primidone now which does not help internal tremors 

• Posted

This has been going on for years with me. The sides of my hoody are vibrating as I type. I don't want to be too negative or freak you out but I downloaded Vibration Analysis on my iPhone and in my case it's the entire environment. For two years I have been hearing the shrill excited shrieking of children too and seeing them wherever I go, looking all petulant and serious and decidedly strutting. Car's started pulling up outside the house and running the engines with the headlights shining into the window and eventually I noticed the guard on top of the radiator was 'humming' as it rattled against the radiator.

I think they are evil spirits or evil spirited children. It is to do with chakras and the like as I have observed, since being in my new flat a continuation of the phenomena of loud cars and the like. Traffic has become almost continuous and despite being 3 stories up now rather than street level, the double glazing has no effect. This is because the sounds are emanating from my lower abdomen area and do not resemble the sound of traffic but rather a strange white-noise combined with a kind of vibrating and oscillation. The 'noises' are never consistent or a regular curve but rather like static noise which is often accompanied with a faint child wailing a bit.

I think it's kids who were not raised properly and enjoy torturing people.

The solution is to feel where they have connected with your body, usually the very most central point and softly apply pressure (not with muscles but rather your 'energy' or wotnot).

I almost expelled them from my body as I had cramps or tightness in my stomach for years and it has escalated to constant noise and vibrations which are also capable of crashing my computers or interfering with the internet connection.

My technique was the lie calmly to locate the point at which they had made the connection with my body and allow that connection to loose it's grip. I was a cat's whisker from this before I felt another presence add to the several childlike entities I was perceiving attacking my body (and mind) and a great effort pushed energy back into my body causing alot of pain so much that I felt if I continued I wouldn't be able to bear the pain.

So I've been vibrating ever since. Yesterday my whole body shook as if it was being bent on a molecular level. As I type I am hearing very young voices whooping faintly and when I almost succeed in expelling the or feel close there are regularly stamping in the hall outside and loud shouting or shrill voices that resemble children imitating adult or very young people but given the connection they have established with my body are able to trick my mind into hearing actual adults or crashing noises that shake my body.

I think this is their form of entertainment. The sound levels haven't dropped below 30db for about 3 years and the Vibration Analysis software (both on the iphone) is registering consistently moving vibration levels peak and troughs that are constantly moving across the entire range of frequencies, registering peaks when a very loud engine 'noise' or such 'passes'

I think it's evil children who enjoy schadenfreude and have dedicated their lives to cruelty. It makes them feel big or special and the safety of an ego mass. They may all be orhans although I'm not sure.

Vibration levels should be 0 but they are constantly 0.0001g - 0.0008g.

Random buzzing noises from appliances that should not make noise is another favourite trick to wind me up. The fridge regularly emits a blast of 'gravitons' which I feel run through my body, followed by a wildly gyrating buzzing tone that varies alot combined with another slower and more rhythmic deeper tone which I can perceive as physical.

My life has drawn to a halt because of all this. The sad reality is some people enjoy hurting other people. Even children and especially, for some reason, skaters.

You can push it out with effort but after 2 years I'm still not giving up largely because they are so hateful and obnoxious their angry little screwed up faces will be reward enough.

Basically s**tbag kids and skaters who refuse to grow up.

• Posted

I know all these feelings but can't get it figured out either.

My rheumatologist just keeps saying extreme fibromyalgia.

I'm in cymbalta 60 two times a day but doesnt help with the pain on depression

• Posted

Hi, I am sufferering from the same thing I'm 46 years old and suffer from anxiety and stress and have recently had problems with my neighbours playing a constant pure bass tone to try and annoy me,as I'm a musician I know quite a lot about sound my mother and a doctor was at my home yesterday and they could not hear it at all,I also know as we get older we can't hear specific tones as our hearing deteriates over time as we get older I was also diagnosed with a inflammation in my right ear and was prescribed otomize steroid spray,I have been In my property nearly two years and can't afford to move again.

The reason I'm writing this is because I know how you feel with a vibrating body all the time and I believe mine is being caused by my neighbour playing a constant pure bass tone and was wondering if their was a doctor on this forum that could tell me if I have anything to worry about? Please could someone give me some advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.