So angry with myself

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, after 11 weeks of no drinking I have slipped back into my old ways of drinking (mostly daily). I feel so angry at myself and can feel I'm slipping back to depression. Can anyone suggest any sites I can look at in relation to the way the brain reacts or works in regards to drinking alcohol, (think I saw something a while ago on here). Tia

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Ann, Others have replied so well but now I repeat the obvious! Do not punish yourself and The SInclair Method seems very good although I have not used it but many have on this Forum and give good feedback. Pick yourself up and do not worry too much. You can do it and staying off drinking is a possibility for you and I think that you can do it again. Best of luck from Robin
    • Posted

Thank you Robin, this is such a supportive group .
  • Posted

Please don't beat yourself up.  But, if anyone knows that feeling it's me.  I quit in 2002 for 11 years and started up 3 years ago.  I am now on day 10 without a drink.  I left a lot of family members down but I had to face the fact that relapse is part of recovery.  Don't give up!
  • Posted

I too drank after 11 weeks ann...and the depression is the first thing that hit me the hardest. Now on Day 4 of not drinking...the depression has lifted tremendosly.  Some people gave you some good websites for information.

​Do it again...by this time next week, if you are able to stop again...you will feel a lot better....and the depression will start to subside. 

• Posted

Thank you, I really hope so and we'll done to you
    • Posted

Dont give up ann...you can do this....if I can..you can....I'm challenging you smile.  I don't know about you but challenge is something that keeps me going.
    • Posted

😂 I accept the challenge, that's the annoying thing I am the most competitive person, and love a challenge but this bugger has me
  • Posted

Hi Ann

You have had some great advice from the lovely people in this forum - don't beat youself up - it's the way you're wired - but stick at it - you can overcome it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.