So backed up!

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've had chronic constipation for over 10 yrs. I can only "go" with enemas or suppositories. And that works for me. I do enemas every 4 - 5 days.. My bowels haven't moved "on their own" in 5 yrs or more.

Anyways,the last 2 weeks have been brutal. I did enemas,and only got some liquid stool back. Had a real bad pain in my lower left side,and lower middle of my stomach. It was bad! Today I had a magnesium citrate drink, and nothing so far. My stomach feel bloated, but there's no feeling of a movement.. This is getting so frustrating! I think I have a blockage. But I'm not in any pain. I'd rather try to make my bowels move on my own at home, before I go to ER. Any suggestions?? I'm so tired of this.. Had colonoscopy done 6 months ago. No cancers, just a lot of inflammation..Help!!!

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the same problem then started taking Mira lax 2 x's a day then when it started working took only once a day at night. This is the only thing that has helped me but you will have to keep taking it so you don't get backed up. Good luck !

• Posted

I went through the same thing! After 12 years of searching for some relief I just happened to stumble across a fantastic cure/natural treatment! It’s really easy, you just take Slippery Elm. I have a video explaining how to use I to on YouTube, I really want to get this message out to everyone I can! It saved my life, I swear. I will post the video on a separate message as I’m not sure this site will accept it. I’ll try posting it anyways. We will see. Slippery elm is cheap and you can find just about anywhere. 
    • Posted

Can I use the capsules?  I tried the powder and can't do that.  If so how many capsules?

• Posted

MIRA LAX CAPSULES? PUT THE POWDER IN ICED TEA AND YOU WON'T TASTE A THING.

• Posted

I'm talking about the slippery elm bark to Althylove.

• Posted

4-8, start with 4 and if you feel your stools need to be more soft and easy to get out, up to 8 grams before meals three times a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.