So confused on tests...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, my whole life I've gained weight very easily and struggle to lose it, have fatigue, tremors, irritability, weather sensitivity, anxiety mostly.

At first I thought it could be hypothyroid or Cushing's, but I took a 24 hour cortisol saliva test and all 4 saliva tests showed that my cortisol levels were on lower part of the normal range, and my morning saliva was in the low range. My DHEA was normal range.

Last month I took a comprehensive thyroid test and my numbers were all normal, though some numbers were on the lower end of normal like T3 Uptake, T4 Free, and TSH. Here are my results:

I cant seem to get any answers.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had a tumor (noncanerous) on my pitutary. Had it for about 8 years. My thyroid started giving me trouble so I had surgery to have it removed. That could be the problem. The doctor should have you get an MRI. Hope all goes well with you.

• Edited

I don't see how that would apply to CBaz? If their pituitary had a problem such that it was overstimulating her adrenals, it would show up as high ACT so high cortisol and Cushings. Likewise if it was over-stimulating their thyroid, it would show up as high TSH so hyperthyroid and high T3/T4. Neither applies.

Pituitary tumours are rare, so it should be one of the last suspects, not the first.

CBaz, Sorry, but it doesn't seem likely that your pituitary has the answers, not with numbers like that. Or your thyroid or adrenals. But I'm just another guy who reads Wikipedia, not a medic. But if your doc is telling you the same thing, it is probably true and you need to try another line of investigation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.