So down tonight

Posted , 17 users are following.

I am laying in bed crying, I haven't felt right for so long and it's really getting me down. I have had so many different physical symptoms and have been to so many doctors. All the results have been good and I'm very grateful to God for that but I'm convinced there is something really wrong because I don't feel right. I know I'm depressed but I feel like it is because of the physical symptoms. It's so hard right now! Will i ever feel like myself again? I want to feel happy again. Sorry to be a downer!

6 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I totally get you. I go through good and bad days, mostly bad, but I too remember lying in bed and crying next to my husband who, asleep, was blissfully unaware! Then I got up the next morning and put a brave face on for the children etc - all the while feeling nervy, exhausted and not myself... 

I've carried on like this  for years but started HRT around 9 months ago, I'm on my 3rd trial of it as it's not been very successful so far and I can honestly say I think I just take one day at a time as I can't cope with planning ahead etc... everyday I question if I'm capable of doing whatever activity is ahead as I just have no ooomph! 

I'm just about to ring the surgery again now as this current HRT is giving some horrid side effects. 

My friends and family know how I feel but I just kinda' don't say much now as I think they possibly think they've heard it so many times from me... 

We just have to carry on - I am grateful for my life and want to enjoy it so much... one day soon hopefully we'll all turn that corner and leave the menopause behind us. 

Thinking of you all out there and hoping today is a good day for you. 

AJ.  x??x 

• Posted

Hi Edell,  Be gentle to yourself.  Like all of us.  You know yourself better than anybody...you have not always been this way.  Just talk to yourself recalling of your testing...that helps me on my days of doubt.  It took me almost a year, but I started a low dose AD recently.  Too soon to tell if it’s helping.  But, i do notice I do not cry for no reason like before.  I mean I used to wail on about family members that have long since passed away, commercials on tv.  That is a bit better.  Not pushing medication, I personally am not thrilled I am taking them.  But, maybe worth a try.  Go easy on yourself...totally healthy to have a good cry now and again. 😊

• Posted

Hi Edell, this is exactly my life story these days. All the anxiety and palpitations has brought on other symptoms for me, ear ringing, headache, loss of appetite, nausea. It's been 4 months, I'm learning to cope with it. My ob/gyn has put me on low dose birth control, I started that in May. It's helping my anxiety and palpitations. I agree with others, try to keep busy with things that relax you, walking, yoga, meditation are things I'm trying to do. Also talk about your feelings with your family, friends. Sometimes that alone helps a lot. Also have your doctor check your Vit D, B12.. I take those supplements. It's a phase, it shall pass soon. Prayers for all of us going through this.

• Posted

The worse part was knowing I had something really dreadful and constantly being told I was completely healthy. Completely healthy people don't feel like I do. My life last year was going from doctor to doctor trying on my own to figure out what was wrong. When you are undiagnosed it's just so unsettling and I had a really hard time accepting that hormones could do this all. It's been going on for two years, I guess if it was indeed something really dreadful it would've reared it's ugly head by now. 

I am having better days now, some days I just can't do much, but other days I'm so much better. Never what I used to feel like, ever, but at least I'm out and doing things now. I think once you decide to know that it IS hormones and you WILL feel better eventually, then you will start to feeling a little better. It's scary to think that I may always feel this way, hopefully one day I'll look back and it'll be just a blip in time. 

Hang in there Edell. It just takes time. 

XOXO

• Posted

Hi Suzanne

Your post struck a chord with me, I was the same. I'm now really afraid of being ill and feeling unwell and it comes from such a long time feeling isolated... Pretending I was okay at home, but feeling like something was significantly wrong but nothing ever diagonised. I'm feeling much better than I was after 4 months in bhrt, but every so often that fear creeps back in. Today was one of those days, and your post made me feel less alone. Thankyou xx

• Posted

Omgosh this post was truly me chin up your not the only one we have all experience so many symptoms mine were just as horrible even after all I've been through losing many in my family lasr year alone i lost my sister in july two months later my brother my hormones went crazy in my body anxiety stomach couldn't sleep my nose stayed so stuffy dry my eyes stay dry my ear is bothering me a lot allergies are horrible since menopause you name it I believe I experienced it the crying spells sleepless nights aching joints if it was a thousand symptoms and menopause I probably went through 999 of them hang in there it does get better

• Posted

Hi Monique. I'm sorry to hear of your losses. I too lost my father and found out my brother had terminal cancer months before my symptoms exploded. I had mild peri symptoms before this. Just irregular periods and an occasional migraine. After my father died and my brother got sick it all just fell apart! I think the stress from that and a couple other more than average stress situations are what really triggered my debilitating symptoms. That was last July and I feel much, much better now. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better too. It's so tough to be going through this and lose close family members. Hugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.