So if its not frozen shoulder what else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Got GP tomorrow so hopefully a better idea.

BUT I've got no movement restriction at all just pain. And quite a bit.Taking max painkillers every day and having problems sleeping.

The pain is like when you wake up and have a very stiff neck. i.e cant turn to look one way. But its been ongoing for months now. And its much worse than having a stiff neck. Also, it seems to cover a larger area. Top of shoulder, behind shoulder , shoulder blade, and upper arm too just below point of shoulder.

Could this still be frozen shoulder or something else entirely?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like me. I am 6 years into this problem. My neck and back were in spasm. I fixed some of that when I eventually found a Theracane and a trigger point manual on line. Tried chiro which made it worse. Tried acupuncture and didn't help. Myofascia release for spasms worked.  I may have had one weird problem in that my Physiatrist found when I lifted my arms outstretched and thumbs up to the sky, my right scapula swung out impinging spinal cord. He taped it in place an drew that helped with pain. I did 2 MRI and a Ct and hundreds of X-rays. Was eventually sent to pt where they got my range of motion and most of my strength back but pain continued most of the time. Recently asked for pain management and they did an MRI which showed C6 and C5 Foraminal impingement/stenosis. Got a cervical steroid injection and after a month it is 50 percent better. Going to neurosurgeon in a week to see what options and long term looks like. Good luck. I hope I have saved you at least five years of this monkey business. 

• Posted

Jeez - seen something about lung cancer causing shoulder pain. I shouldnt google! :-(

No other symptoms though or history apart from sore shoulder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.