So impatient now any advice would be great xx

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Sorry I need abit of advice as I'm due to have Rectocele and cystocele repair. I had my last consultation with my surgeon back in August 2015 had my pre op assessment in September. I was told I would be in for surgery around December and I'm still waiting, I spoke to someone at the gynea waiting list team today and they said I'm not even on the list yet as they are so far behind. I completely understand that they are busy and their are woman out there a lot worse then me it's just that walking and lifting is becoming a real pain and I'm sick of taking co dydramol which blocks me up when I already struggle to go to the toilet for a bm.

Sorry for ranting I just wondered if anybody had any advice as I'm starting feel like I'm moaning all the time to my husband.

Thankyou for reading xx

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

NHS guidelines state you shouldn't be on the waiting list for more than 18 weeks if you wait longer then the hospital will be downgraded when it's next inspected. 
    • Posted

Hello thankyou for replying is that 18 weeks from when I see my surgeon xx
    • Posted

Just to add because your pre op assessment was September you'll almost certainly need to have another one before your operation because it's been so long. Did you speak to the consultants secretary?
    • Posted

Yes I spoke to my consultants secretary who advised me to contact gynea waiting list team, she told me that I am 8 weeks past what should of been my operation time and I should have a date asap but then when I spoke to the gynea waiting list team she said there really back logged and unsure of a date.
    • Posted

That's not good at all. You could always write a letter of complaint to the Chief Executive because changes are he/she won't have any idea what's going on.
    • Posted

would going to speak to my gp help in any way?
    • Posted

It could but only if he's prepared to write to the consultant and asking for your admission to be brought forward because your condition is much worse.
    • Posted

Thankyou for your advice I'll try and get an appointment with my gp see if they can help x
    • Posted

It's worth a try. Good luck and keep in touch 
  • Posted

I'm not sure how bad yours is but a V brace might help you until you have your surgery. 
  • Posted

That's not really good enough..bless you ..I went to my gp in beginning of Nov had an app to see consultant 2,weeks later had my pre-opp 2 weeks after that had my opp done 2, weeks later..you most certainly need another pre-op like matron said..good luck keep us posted 😊
  • Posted

Morning, so I've spoken to my gp and he says there's nothing I can do about delayed surgery. He has prescribed me some new pain killers and said just to keep in contact with the hospital.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that. I would still write to the CEO expressing your concerns that they are not meeting waiting list guidelines.
    • Posted

Thankyou, I'm going to look into doing that as I'm unsure where to start
    • Posted

Hi what is the actual recovery time after this surgery please I'm a debate with some one about it 😳
    • Posted

It all depends because everyone is different debra. Age and general health prior to surgery has a lot to do with recovery but this is the advice I gave to women following discharge. Expect to be off work for at least 12 weeks if you lift or have to drive. If you're in a sedentary job eg secretary or clerical worker sat at the desk most of the time then about 10 weeks but this is not written in tablets of stone. There are other things to consider that can delay recovery. Any type of infection for instance. I always say "listen to your body". If at home you can start to do the shopping, housework and all the usual day to day things and still have energy left over at the end of the day then the time is probably right. It's always advisable to return to work on graduated return for 3-4 weeks especially if you work full time or you're on your feet all day. Any ladies who have a post op appointment with their consultant shouldn't go back to work until you've had that appointment. Hope that helps debra. You certainly make me work lol 😘😘
    • Posted

Hi I just feel that' people think I'm taking the ...but I'm not I work in a cafe 7.30-2 5 days I just want the confirmation from my consultant that I'm ok to go back to work.im 75% there..because I don't want to go back and then be off again..I see see my consultant on the 19th 😊
    • Posted

Well you can't commit to anything until the 19th. It would be irresponsible to go back to work before then and remember even if everything has healed well it's how YOU feel.
    • Posted

I no will the consultant have a look and will he be able to tell me that' I'm ok to return to work x
    • Posted

He'll examine you and as I said check everything is ok but at the end of the day it's up to you.
    • Posted

Ok many thanx yet again.as you are well aware I'm a proper wittle bum 😳😀
    • Posted

Hi it's me again lol well I went a nice walk today then nipped Into Nottingham and you no what I'm shattered 😟😳
    • Posted

Only went in 2 shops lol 😳
    • Posted

I'm not surprised you're tired. Time to rest now and don't be surprised if you feel a bit tired tomorrow as well. Take things a little at a time x
    • Posted

I'm like that now dreading what I'll be like after my operation lol if I do abit of walking I end up with really achy legs and pains in my lady bits lol did you ever have this? X
    • Posted

I am I can't believe I was so tired I was gonna have a stroll round a few shops it's my youngest daughters birthday 23rd but just wanted to go home 😟😳
    • Posted

Good luck it really takes it out of you 😊😳
    • Posted

I remember the feeling debra and at the moment it well feel as though there is no end to this tiredness but there is of course. You just have to try and be patient and build up your strength day by day.
    • Posted

Thank you..I'm doin nothing tonight or tommorow..I have days when I'm fine and days when I'm not 😳
    • Posted

You will have days when you feel better than others. Listen to your body debra 😘
    • Posted

Hi it's me again..lol I no this is silly but would you no if your surgery hasn't worked..if so how lol 😳
    • Posted

Hiya, I know it sounds silly I'm nervous about my operation but then I actually want it to happen soon because I hate feeling like this xx
    • Posted

It's early days debra. Why would you ask that question because the chances of failure are so small
    • Posted

I no it is just curious really..a friend of mine said to me as it worked today..I just said I hope so lol 😳😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.