So scared...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I'm 48 and being driven crazy by some scary symptoms. My periods have been all over the place for about five or six years, very heavy, very light, brown spotting, mid-cycle mini period, I'm sure you get the picture. However, I have just taken vitamins and tried to carry on as we all do. For the past couple of months however, I have suffered from repeated infections in the intimate area, with repeated courses of antibiotics which never worked for long, plus my periods are ridiculous, for example just had four days of spotting followed by five days heavy, one day clear and ovulation, now bleeding again. In the midst of all this I went to A&E with bad pelvic pain and more soreness down below. Stayed in hospital for a few days, a CT scan came back clear, I am booked in for more tests under anaesthetic in a few weeks, absolutely terrified. My anxiety has reached uncontrollable levels, been prescribed Setraline, I am also constipated and bloated. I just want to avoid everyone and sob as I am so scared and out of control. Please anyone, does this sound familiar at all?

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

DIM is a natural supplement derived from cruciferous vegetables. It helps in the metabolism of estrogen without messing up the good levels. So far it has stopped the heart palpitations and squeezing sensation I was getting. They felt like a heart attack, scared me. But my mother had the same thing at my age as well as grandmother. So I know its estrogen related. If you google DIM a lot of good information should come up. I hope this helps. As for the anxiety, there are some things you can do to help until you get this sorted. GABA is excellent for calming the nerves as well magnesium.
  • Posted

Hi Karen, when I was peri it definitely affected my bowels, there was loads about it on the web although my family Dr. Pooh poohed it.  It's all to do with fluctuating hormone levels, depending which one is highest you will either be constipated or the other, and if you are already prone to IBS I think it is even more likely to upset your balance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.