So scared !!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi 1st time poster . About 7 weeks agai I started having really bad headaches , not eating, ringing in ears, dizziness etc ... The doctor did blood tests and said it was a virus, but I knew something wasn't rite ... So he ordered a CT scan (prob to shut me up ) anyway the CT scan results came back low lying tonsil (which I read is the same) and ordered a MRI ASAP!!! ..... But while waiting for the CT scan appointment my symptoms have all gone part from the ringing in the ears (driving me mad)!! Went bak to the doctor today has I can't sleep with worrie. Any help please?!

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Darren, if I were you, and unable to bear it anymore, I will go to A&E asked them to MRI me, hey you paid your tax you should be able to get your oney back - get it sort it out asaP THE SOONEST YOU KNOW THE BEST FOR YOU.....at least you can plan what you have to do....
    • Posted

Yeah Though about going to A&E as I'm getting panic attacks every few hours . But do they just give MRI's I'm A&E UK?
    • Posted

Hi Darren,

That was happen to me, I have panic attacked one day, my son caled the ambulance and took me to Royal Burnemouth Hospital A&E - make sure you get an ambulance do not go to A&E - please do not feel gulty using your ambuance, we paid hundred and hundred of taxes that is what you usng for..amazing how many migrants and foreigners taking the advantages of our NHS..here you are we hardly use our gps...there you go we have such a serious mechanical problems..you must look after yourself..and NHS are pretty good..you must tell them how you feel..just make sure to be assertive and telling them what JENNACYDE have quoted you below write it down - remember it..if they refuse to MRI you..ask them to put in writing if need be go to PALS counter - because they should not refuse to get MRI - that was I have done - they straigh away MrI/scan me...there and then they knew  have got CM1, they thought I have got Fibromyalgia good job I was so assertive and asked them to put in writing for me..they will be terrify if you ASK that..if need be write it down as well there is a solicitor up noth called JEFFRY act for ''NO WIN NO FEE for negligince, it might not come to that...but it is always nice to know where you stand....let me know if you need more help

• Posted

Thanks for the advice means a lot . I really only rite now have bit dizziness and ringing in the ears (which has got worse with the worrie ) think I'm best off waiting for the MRI scan from the doctor .... Fingers crossed!!
    • Posted

Darren, to be honest, if I were you, ith our condition, you do not ant to be put your self in jeopardy, this is serious condition, the longer you leave it the worst it can get, hence, the earlier the neurologist know about it, the s soonest they would liike to get the operation done.do not forget from the start they get to diagnosed it then you might need second opinion which neuro surgeon you like to go to..go the the website of Ann Conroy Trust to see which Neuro surgeon are listed there, they are the one who are get used to and interested in doing operation for chiarian - list it don which one near by you and talk to your neurologist if they can refer you to them..you must be pro-actve read all about our condition on the website there are lots on the web (you tube - the information from Mayo clinic are very helpful as it giving full detail of all the informations from different types of chiari and the maintainance and operation and after the surgery, hence its preparing you to be informative when seeing your health care. Good Luck
    • Posted

it may not be a panic attack.  It maybe neurocardiogenic syncope brought on by POTS/Dysautonomia caused by damage to the brain stem. 

a tilt table test by a cardiologist would be a good idea.

• Posted

There are lots though in you tube about mayo clinic - they showed eerything from the maintenance to the surgery so you know what to expect from Cm1 - CM3
    • Posted

perhaps read it from what Jennacyde just wrote to you, I found lots of you tube help me, not only Mayo Clinic but lots of others
    • Posted

Hi Darren , I went to hospital with a bad head pain / neck pain had CT scan in A&E and a MRI the next day the found the same thing as you low tonsils. Keep on at them until you get the MRI - Good luck.  

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up