So scared !!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi 1st time poster . About 7 weeks agai I started having really bad headaches , not eating, ringing in ears, dizziness etc ... The doctor did blood tests and said it was a virus, but I knew something wasn't rite ... So he ordered a CT scan (prob to shut me up ) anyway the CT scan results came back low lying tonsil (which I read is the same) and ordered a MRI ASAP!!! ..... But while waiting for the CT scan appointment my symptoms have all gone part from the ringing in the ears (driving me mad)!! Went bak to the doctor today has I can't sleep with worrie. Any help please?!

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Facebook support groups are a must. Type in Chiari Malformation and your state to see if there is one. I am in one called Chiari Malformation - The Struggle is Real. I really love it. So much information & support.
  • Posted

Hi

My suggestion would be for you to go to a good neurosurgeon one that specializes in Chiari malformation.

Having Chiari malformation and its associated symptoms is very frightening and difficult

I wish you the best of luck and like was mentioned before a support group is very good it's good to have people around you that understand what you're going through

It is often hard for others to understand what we are going through because we look ok

Marie

• Posted

I would say not to leave it and go in as soon as possible to the accident and emergency . See I am only here today writing to you with one finger of me working now . I had a brain heammorrage which was from thel same problems as you but was out shopping . To cut a long story short I woke up in a hospital bed with tubes running all over me . It paralysed me down the right . A few months after collapsed again but at home at the time and woke up in hospital again to which they said I am extremely lucky and said I am diabetic now which I have to take 4 injections and blood tests everyday now , I was lucky the first time and had glue put in to me neck as well as having another op to have my pulse cut out of my right and radiotherapy to the brain etc etc. So Don't rely on others and please go to get it checked out now . God bless. Anilkumar .
  • Posted

Hi thanks all for the replays ..... As of now I have 1 symptom (ringing in ears ) doctor said I should just wait for the MRI appointment (easy for him to say) .

• Posted

Hi Darren, just wonderring how are you after Christmas, are you feeling better, quite concern about you funny  enough, i was praying for you and your family , in  the hope that christmas was joyful  day for yo and hospefuly New Year full of Fun..as I was really bad on Boxing day..I went to Warwickshire and spent a little bit late as all of us watching Donwton , it was the last series and the episode never finish quite late (for me) by the time we done the toast it was after 11pm..the next morning..OMG ..my head was spinning..my body everything was OK as I told you before I always massage the whole of my body with magnesium and I am ok..but I just imbalance I have terrible attacked for good 5 minutes..but if you are in pain every second seems a life time..so I just sit down with the whole family in in the lounge..I couldnt drink not eaten up to 11am boxing day..just sat there..for one hour..then I was Ok again..then I though of you and others chiarian..if they have a like wise issue as I ...or just prayed then hopefully every one was OK...hence hopefully all of us will be ok in the New Year..that is why I ust can't wait to have this opearation as soon as possible..I knkow what to expect now..it might not be 1005 cure but at least definately will be much much better than this...
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the support means a lot. Been a hard Christmas and new year (with worrie) but good times ahead !

• Posted

Hi all just wanted to give a update on my MRI!

I just came back from the doctors in the last hour and he's said the MRI is normal - no problems at all!! He said he did the MRI with dye and everything is clear! It's Be a hard 8weeks but thankfully it's all good. I wish you all luck with your symptoms and hope you all have a better 2016. This site has helped me over the weeks and I wish you all the luck in the world! Thank you !

Darren.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.