So scared again, can't really believe this is just perimeno... . :-(

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Here I am again. I'm starting to feel like a stalker and an hysterical hypochondriac but I'm so scared again. :-( This forum has been a relief but anxiety strikes again now that my doctor's appointement is coming closer and since I've had a pretty bad day yesterday.

Summary of what makes me feel this way:

I'm now on the 12th day of 'colored discharge on the toiletpaper' which started 3 days after my last period and 1 day after I had intercourse (don't know if that has something to do with it but trying to give all the info).

On the 8th day of that colored discharge, I suddenly had a very bloating feeling and something that felt like a blatter infection: urge to urinate but without the pain. That same night, I suddenly had a bright red bleeding. It filled about half a tampon (sorry again for the too much info) and after that is was gone and the colored discharge on the toiletpaper returned. 

Yesterday, on the 11th day, the discharge was gone but I suddenly had cramps who felt like the ones I have when my period starts. And yes, the colored discharge was back, looking more light brownish than pinkish (older blood?). I've had cramps all night but nothing despite the colored discharge came through. I also had a feeling like something was pushing on my blatter, but maybe those were just the cramps. It was also the second time the discharge becomes more bloody after taking a shower. 

I've read here that some women had a period shortly after another. But mine isn't a period, it's always 'colored discharge on the toiletpaper' and 1 bright red short bleeding. And then I see the symptoms of the terrible c-word: urge to urinate, spotting between periods, pain that goes to your leg (had that yesterday with the cramps) and then I'm freaking out... . The only thing what gives me hope, along with what I've read here, is the fact that my last period was slightly different from the others: less heavy. 

So yes, I know you're not doctors, but with all this new info added, does someone reconises it? Can this still be perimeno?

So sorry again but I promise: if this is just perimeno, I'll become a devoted member of this group and will try to support other women who are going through this uncertain and quite scary time. 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

When was your last smear test?

Is it possible that you could have caught an STD?

Have you had vaginal discharge before?

It could be thrush or BV.

• Posted

No, I don't think so. I have the same partner for years and no, he's not cheating. ;-) Never had it before. Doesn't look like or feel like thrush and BV has other colored discharge. Will have a  smear test today. My GP thinks it's hormonal, due to the start of perimenopause but  It's up to the gynaecologist now to do a smear test and some other examinations.

• Posted

Hello, Yes, I have had the same symptoms. It's perimeno but you should ask your Dr. to do a Pap-smear just to make you feel better, maybe check your hormone level to see how far along you are in meno, plus, the less anxiety the better you will feel. I am having a rough week with symptoms and found this discussion and it has made me feel better. I recently have had blood work and I am totally healthy and my Dr. just say's "your going through menopause" so basically it's one of the wonderful facts of womanhood. I will not do HRT, to dangerous, I have found the herbal remedies are the way to go but it takes some work to find out what works best for you. Taking evening primrose for hot flashes, It's great for skin and nails too.Do you have any other symptoms?

• Posted

Hope this makes you feel better .😊I had bleeding and periods that didn't line up . But what scared me was the heavy pressure feeling around bladder and uterus. And the need to go to the bathroom . Went to my doctor have had Pap smear and everything checked out fine . Thank the Lord !! And I haven't had any of those symptoms for a while . I truely belief it's peri menopause. 

• Posted

I'm going to see the gyn tonight. So I'll reply to this later tonight. But your responses calmed me down a bit. So thank you very much! Cause I was almost at the point were I was afraid of bursting out in tears at the gyn's. I'm calmer now so that's not going to happen. P.S. Normally I'm not like this! I'm used of dealing with stress and am able to remain calm in most situations. Another sign this might be perimeno? ;-)

• Posted

Evelyn, having that anxiety is part of peri too. Can’t tell you how many doctors I cried to, I’m sure I was labeled on my chart that was being sent around as being nuts. 

Do something to get your mind off of it. I’m pretty sure the doc will find nothing, and then you’ll be left with ‘but ???’

What’s the Buddha saying? Something like, if there’s nothing you can do about it then why worry, and if there is something you can do about it, why worry?

Anyway, you’ll get fixed up once you see the doc. They’ll know if it’s something other then peri. And for sure, if they can’t explain it, you’ll know it’s just all part of perimeno hell. 

• Posted

That's exactly what I was thinking too Suzanne.  All the anxiety at the doctors office is part of peri.  And you sound like me.  I'm a crying shaking mess when I go.  I swear they think I'm nuts too.  She did tell me last time I was there however that I was not the only one that does this.  She said she sees it a lot.  

• Posted

Omg, so much recognizability! And yes, I've read about the anxiety. And oh yes, I had exactly the same thoughts: "He must think I'm a nutcase!" Cause I was sitting there, almost shaking and very nervous, telling him that I was afraid something really bad was going on. But the ultrusound was OK. So indeed, he had no explanation for it. And then I had this other weird reaction, something like: are you sure you can see everything on that ultrasound?  When I asked if it could be the start of perimeno, he didn't seemed to be convinced of that either. But what else? It's still going on, by the way. I'm now waiting for the result of the smear test but the doctor said he wasn't really worried about that. So to wait is all I can do, I think. Thank you so much for all the lovely responses! I'll keep on eye on this forum for sure. :-)

• Posted

Hi i am new here, i am 53 nearly 54 i cant tell if i am on perimenopause or not but i must be..lol i missed 3 mths of periods at beginging of the year then was on a mth very light, then missed a other mth..since then i have had a priod every mth but sometimes they are longer or shorter than the last one, i started getting blood very light when wiping before the period started...i have had a few hot flashes i have had a few other odd symptoms but nothing major atm...i have palpitions really bad but i been  having these years i was diognosed with Ventrical Tachycardia..in 2009 but palps have got worse i think it must be hormone realated.

I have not been told by docs that i am having perimenopause so am i on this? I must be because of my age. Sorry if i sound a bit dumb i was expecting a lot worse, over years i had skin crawling feeling, and skin around my nails are very dry, i cant sleep well at night. 

• Posted

Hi suzanne, thanks for your reply, i thought it might be peri...i had my period 6 days early and it lasted just over a day. I keep getting some discomfort in my right low side of my groin, befor period and now after..i was diognosed with a small fibroid about year or so ago i wonder if this is betting bigger causing the right side discomfort.
    • Posted

You’re right to get that fibroid checked out but seriously meno can cause all sorts of unexplainable aches, pains, ailments. 

Keep us updated

• Posted

EVELYNE, I HEAR AND FEEL YOU.  ITS IRONIC, I WAS JUST THINKING DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL WHAT I DO?  AND THEN I SEE YOUR COMMENT.  I HAVE AND STILL OCCASIONALLY HAVE THE FEELING OF PRESSURE ON MY BLADDER AND I FEEL AS IF I HAVE A BLADDER INFECTION BUT I DONT.  SINCE I STARED PERIMENOPAUSE ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO I HAVE HAD AND STILL EXPERIENCE MANY OF THE PERIMENOPAUSE SYMPTOMS.  ALL THIS STARTED AS SOON AS I TURNED 45, LIKE CLOCKWORK IT SUCKS!  I STILL HAVE PERIODS BUT LIKE YOU VERY LIGHT TO THE POINT WERE I ONLY NEED TO WEAR A PANTYLINER INSTEAD OF A TAMPON OR PAD.  I FEEL LIKE I AM DRYING UP AND MY EGGS SLOWLY DYING.  I HAVE HAD TEST DONE AND EVERYTHING IS FINE.  I NOW BELIEVE IN THE CHANGE WE WOMEN GO THRU.  I WAS IN DENIAL AND TELLING MYSELF IM DYING OR SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME.  WELL SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY GOING ON WITH ME IM GOING THROUGH THE CHANGE HEADING TOWARDS MENOPAUSE!!!  I FEEL SO BLOATED AND PRESSURE ON MY BLADDER THAT I WISH I COULD TEAR OUT MY UTERUS!!!!  I KNOW ITS MY UTERUS INFLAMED FOR WHATEVER REASON MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE AND IRRITABLE AND MISERABLE!!!  ITS WEIRD HOW IT CAN LAST A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND THEN SUBSIDES TIL MY NEXT PERIOD.  I JUST KEEP STRONG IN MY FAITH AND PRAY FOR ALL TJIS TO PASS SOON!  I PRAY TO GOD FOR COMFORT RELIEF AND HAPPINESS ONCE AGAIN.  I KNOW IN MY HEART ALL THIS WILL PASS.  THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST FOR IN YOU I HAVE FAITH AND THROUGH YOU I AM STRENGTHENED!!!!  AMEN!!!🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Posted

Amen to that sister 

Ten years of peri hell for me so far but clinging to Jesus the author and finisher of my faith

Ya know my husband is a pastor and tries very hard to understand the sheer hell ive been going through 

But I just know he don’t get it

Hey I don’t so why should he

I just wanted to say for reassurance to the lovely women here I too thought I was dying and sometimes still do

But this forum is such a blessing 

Every thread that’s posted is so relevant 

Who knew ladies the change could be so bad

Hugs for everyone x

• Posted

Just to add I was 13 months period free and had thyroid surgery three months ago half removed bam another period

Absolutely gutted so I’m starting the count all over again x

• Posted

Michelle, sorry to hear about your thyroid. What happened?
    • Posted

I had a thyroid nodule that changed and had to be removed 

I had my right side thyroid removed not very pleasant 

Day after surgery I got a period

It’s been three months since surgery and haven’t had another one but who knows if I will or won’t x

• Posted

Hopefully you won't! 

Did you have thyroid issues before?

I've been hypothyroid since my teen years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.