So scared again, can't really believe this is just perimeno... . :-(

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Here I am again. I'm starting to feel like a stalker and an hysterical hypochondriac but I'm so scared again. :-( This forum has been a relief but anxiety strikes again now that my doctor's appointement is coming closer and since I've had a pretty bad day yesterday.

Summary of what makes me feel this way:

I'm now on the 12th day of 'colored discharge on the toiletpaper' which started 3 days after my last period and 1 day after I had intercourse (don't know if that has something to do with it but trying to give all the info).

On the 8th day of that colored discharge, I suddenly had a very bloating feeling and something that felt like a blatter infection: urge to urinate but without the pain. That same night, I suddenly had a bright red bleeding. It filled about half a tampon (sorry again for the too much info) and after that is was gone and the colored discharge on the toiletpaper returned. 

Yesterday, on the 11th day, the discharge was gone but I suddenly had cramps who felt like the ones I have when my period starts. And yes, the colored discharge was back, looking more light brownish than pinkish (older blood?). I've had cramps all night but nothing despite the colored discharge came through. I also had a feeling like something was pushing on my blatter, but maybe those were just the cramps. It was also the second time the discharge becomes more bloody after taking a shower. 

I've read here that some women had a period shortly after another. But mine isn't a period, it's always 'colored discharge on the toiletpaper' and 1 bright red short bleeding. And then I see the symptoms of the terrible c-word: urge to urinate, spotting between periods, pain that goes to your leg (had that yesterday with the cramps) and then I'm freaking out... . The only thing what gives me hope, along with what I've read here, is the fact that my last period was slightly different from the others: less heavy. 

So yes, I know you're not doctors, but with all this new info added, does someone reconises it? Can this still be perimeno?

So sorry again but I promise: if this is just perimeno, I'll become a devoted member of this group and will try to support other women who are going through this uncertain and quite scary time. 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had recently similar pattern of discharge with pelvic discomfort, back and leg pain. After visiting Gyno and smear tested done it turndf out to be vaginitis with cervicitis (inflamation of cervix) caused with enterococcus (not sexually transmitted bacteria/ obviously transffrred fron anal region). It proves the fact that we in peri are more probe to genitourinary infections. 
    • Posted

Hi Maria, yes, the gyn said it could be something like that as the ultrasound was O.K. . So I'm now waiting for the results of the smear test. How do they solve that? Antibiotics or something? I hope you're doing better now. 

• Posted

Hi, Evelyne! Yes, I took antibiotics based on antibiogram done- orally and as vaginatoriae. After that  all discomfort was gone ... infection is not rarely the reason of spotting. I did not have any discharge that usually goes with infection, but that is also common. Hope you will soon also solve your dyscomfort. All the best, Maria
  • Posted

I had unusual coloured discharge then spotting between my periods for about 3 months, had a smear (fine) had an ultrasound (fine), had my bloods done, all fine except very, very low iron.  I started taking iron tablets and the blood and discharged disappeared, but yesterday out of nowhere the spotting is back.... but my doctors says I am NOT in peri as my bloods did show it and I have regular periods...my anxiety is at an all time high, my heart has terrible palpitations and  I have the constant feeling  that my pulse will burst out of my throat............some days I find it all overwhelming and want to scream!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.