So scared I might have cancer, ultrasound showed thickening of the lining of the womb,

Posted , 68 users are following.

Hi I am 53 hadn't had a period for over a year then started bleeding on Monday, went straight to doctors had ultrasound the next day no cysts or fibroids discovered then had call today to go to see GP who informed me I have thickening of the lining of the womb, so have to have more tests, :-( I am so afraid it's cancer especially with the speed the tests etc have been happening, blood tests were ok, doctor said I will have a diagnosis within two weeks, I am absolutely petrified, not coping at all, I do suffer with very bad anxiety too:-(

4 likes, 139 replies

139 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi susan 

forgot to mention this to you before ... 

when we had periods hun, this thickened lining is what we expell ( period) every month it thickens ready for a fertislised egg ... if its not fertislised ... we shed the lining 

so try and relax abit ... all will be good...  

Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks Jay, I will try and relax, I think I Google things too much which doesn't help either,xx
  • Posted

Hi Susan

may i ask ... how did you manage your peri and post meno..

was it naturals or HRT... 

i am one year in coupla weeks no periods .. 

Jayxx

• Posted

Hi jay,                                  

Just went through it natural, I have been up and down like a yo yo, lots of other problems too ibs began when I was in peri, also have over active bladder symptoms,do hope you continue to be period free.   

.xx

• Posted

Your doctor has acted quickly, thats good, Susan. Thats what they are meant to do. Unfortunately some of us have to wait around much longer. It will be a long two weeks but try not to over worry.xx
    • Posted

Hi Ann,

Thank you, will try not to, it just worries me when they act so quick makes me think it must 

be serious, need to change my way of thinking, I realise I am lucky having a doctor like mine, xx

• Posted

You are lucky!  I think my doctor works backwards smile
  • Posted

Hllo Susan,  I am 52 and have not had a period in about 1 1/ years and started beding this week.  I went o dr and thy did an ultrasound an found thickening of wall and now I am taking a hormone pill for five days to shed the lining and then have to go back for another ultrasound.  I am really afraid too and I am afrad of side effects of taking thes pills- I don't want to take them but know I have too.  It is terrible. 
    • Posted

Hi Kelley... I'm going through the same thing. Mine has been thickened also I go for my ultrasound next week. But I have fibroids so I feel your worry but let's try to stay positive. As everyone has told me our hormones are everywhere . Hang in theresmile
    • Posted

Hi Kelley sorry to hear about your problems too, it's strange how different doctors treat this, I am waiting to see gyn and have camera to look at things, then maybe biopsy, it's all the waiting isn't it, and fear that it's something serious, do hope all goes well for you.
  • Posted

Hi Susan my name is lekeshia I'm 25 years old and I was told just a few days ago I have a thick uterus and I am in the same situation you are in its going to be fine just pray I suffer from bad depression and anxiety
  • Posted

Hi I'm yvonne . New to this site really anxious about all of my results. I had a scan monday which found two thybroids and polyps in the womb also thickening of the cervix and womb. I initially had the scan because of continuous bleeding and pain also pelvic pain. Been refered to gynaecologist to look into this deeper really scared it could be cancer. I'm only 35 and the thought of it is scarey
  • Posted

I too have thickening of my uterine wall. It measures 8 when it should be 5. Just got the call today after ultra sound yesterday.. I have a Dr appointment Tuesday . There are a couple of options to discuss . Either a d and c or or an endometrial biopsy. I'm up at 2 am almost 3 because I'm a little anxious. Of course I'm worried it's cancer too. I had some bleeding while my husband was in intensive care with a stroke . Chalked it up to stress. I didn't realize I should be alarmed. I am 57 years old. I've had a endometrial ablation in my 40s. Due to heavy bleeding. Lets hope our worry is in vain. Keep us posted please
    • Posted

Hi Jean I'm also 57 it done in my 40s stopped having period since no cramps, but have bad hot flashes took ultrasound 2 weeks ago went today and found out I have thickening, having back aches leg pain , praying every thing is ok, giving it to God trying not to think negative, the things is women's go through, praying for us all on this journey, we got this ladies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.