So scared I might have cancer, ultrasound showed thickening of the lining of the womb,

Posted , 68 users are following.

Hi I am 53 hadn't had a period for over a year then started bleeding on Monday, went straight to doctors had ultrasound the next day no cysts or fibroids discovered then had call today to go to see GP who informed me I have thickening of the lining of the womb, so have to have more tests, :-( I am so afraid it's cancer especially with the speed the tests etc have been happening, blood tests were ok, doctor said I will have a diagnosis within two weeks, I am absolutely petrified, not coping at all, I do suffer with very bad anxiety too:-(

4 likes, 139 replies

139 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Susan,

I had an ultrasound yesterday and it showed thickening of the lining of my womb too. I am one of these people that research on Google once I have had something told to me....the first thing that came up was cancer.......this is, as like you, scaring me somewhat. I have only mentioned what I was told to my best friend as I tell them everything.

I didn't go searching for cancer but I'm now so very worried.

I hope you had a good diagnosis and are moving forward with your life happily xx

• Posted

I see your comment was just a week ago...so I replied. ..I just came back from ultrasound. .me too, wall thickness. .my bleeding is very dark, so I'll see my gyn next week if, he doesn't call me first, good luck, let me know how you make out, I'm in pain as I type. .smh, but I'm trying to stay positive
    • Posted

I got a call literally days after the scan from my gynae's secretary asking me if I can go in sooner than my original appointment I had booked. Now even more worried than before!!
    • Posted

Hi Susan is a difference because I haven't had no bleeding but have thickening of the walls

• Posted

It's been over a year ..are you ok now...mine just started, so I Google and found your discussion
  • Posted

Hello I'm sitting here reading your post and I've got hospital next Tuesday for the fast tests clinic due to high risk of womb cancer and scared it not even the right word for our I feel I do wish you the very best and hope everything OK
  • Posted

I am 50 ,two years without a period spots of blood this weekend doctors Monday then letter from hospital appointment Tuesday on a fast track two week check for cancer as not had children told I'm high Risk so it's now a waiting game and that's the worse this waiting head spinning around and around I do hope all your test come back OK xx
  • Posted

So sorry that it's scary.  I felt the same thing last year.  My baby was graduating and I was having a biopsy the day before for the same thing.  My doctor was very reassuring.  She just said that this was just ruling out everything else.  Think of it like double checking.  The thickening lining is almost normal.  You haven't had a period and yet there is still some buildup going on.  It's fine and normal.  The biopsy came back fine, so now we are going on with dealing with menopause, but I'm so glad that I know that this is what it is, and not cancer or something even worse.  Use it to reassure yourself and gain strength.  You can do it!
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing this, took biopsy today have to wait for 2 weeks gave it to God trying it to think negative, just want this pain to go away
  • Posted

Going through this too and very scared. Have my biopsy tomorrow after postmenopausal bleeding for five days at the end of May and ultrasound showing lining at 7mm. Think I am also having a problem with vaginal atrophy (horrible burning) and some prolapse. Am wondering if these are all related?
  • Posted

Hi Susan, just joined this discussion. I know your problem was over a year ago and wondered how you got on as I have just been told after ultrasound I need an emergency two week referral (TWR)?  Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks and regards.
  • Posted

Hi just joined the conversation Went for an internal scan yesterday my GP has just rung for me to arrange a hospital apt on Monday I was told yesterday that my womb lining was thickening and I saw her measuring things on the screen I have been feeling very tired lately but put it down to my antidepressant medication but now am worried that there is something else
  • Posted

Hi - I just had the same diagnosis thickening of the wall.....have to go for a biopsy.  I am 57 and perimenopausal.   I noticed a tiny bit of blood last week and called the doctor, but I notice I have cramps also.  Have you experienced that?  How did you make out susan81669?  I noticed your discussion started quite a while back.  Thanks for any information you can give me, I am also a nervous wreck.
    • Posted

Hi Cindy, just found this forum, I am in same boat as you...going for biopsy in 11 days, terrified of that also, read some awful reviews about how painful it is, I am so worried.  Trouble is when you google search symptoms the C word just appears all the time.  I had heavy bleeding for 8 days which has now stopped but backaches and stomach feels heavy like period pains.  I am 56 and have been on HRT for around 3 years which gives a monthly bleed, then two months ago changed to HRT which is supposed to stop any monthly bleeds.  I had a pelvic scan which shows thickened womb lining, its just on my mind 24/7 and every time I google search symptoms,biopsy etc trying t make myself feel better, I scare myself silly! rolleyes

• Posted

Hi....yes this can take away any joy in your life!  I never heard of taking meds for menopause, just learned on this site.  I haven't had heavy bleeding at all, just a little spot last Thursday and my husband made me call my family dr. who in turn wanted an ultra sound.  My last "friend" was last November and believe me I didn't miss it....had it since 12.  Mine is thickening in uterine wall and thank God I got an appt. for this Monday.  I do have slight cramps but as you I have had this on my mind constantly, and can't feel one bit of happiness.  It just seems I keep getting hit with problems.  I too looked up info on all this, and I am sorry I did bc it scares the heck out of a person.  Let me know your outcome, I will put mine on next week if I find anything out.  neutral

• Posted

I've just had this done this week x I would advise you to take painkillers before you go I didn't do this as I wasn't told to do so an when I was leaving she asked why I hadn't took any painkillers x From experience I've found that just because your womb is thickened it doesn't mean it's cancer . Just try to relax as much as you can x I had gas and air which helped then it left me with a sore throat I have to wait now until 17th August for results x Gud Luck Ull be fine x

• Posted

I reading everybody's comments about going through or waiting but have anybody found out about their thinkening in the wall I have seen one who say it was successful, praying we all are thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.