So scared I might have cancer, ultrasound showed thickening of the lining of the womb,

Posted , 68 users are following.

Hi I am 53 hadn't had a period for over a year then started bleeding on Monday, went straight to doctors had ultrasound the next day no cysts or fibroids discovered then had call today to go to see GP who informed me I have thickening of the lining of the womb, so have to have more tests, :-( I am so afraid it's cancer especially with the speed the tests etc have been happening, blood tests were ok, doctor said I will have a diagnosis within two weeks, I am absolutely petrified, not coping at all, I do suffer with very bad anxiety too:-(

4 likes, 139 replies

139 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Susan,

?Well, I drove my family dr. "nuts" this week.....and am going there later regarding my bp.  But, yesterday when I talked to him he said that cancer can show up years from now if nothing was done to correct the problem.  He stated that it was good that I let him know regarding the spots of blood that I seen last week, he said if things aren't real good, a hysterictemy will be in order.  My pap last August was fine, and as I stated bf my last period was last November.  So, my nerves calmed down after that conversation.

• Posted

Try not to worry I felt the same as when I looked on the internet I thought the worse but it doesn't mean to say that you have Cancer . We suffer feeling rubbish with lots of different symptoms in the menopause so we always tend to think the worse Take care of yourself and try to take time for you x

• Posted

Thank you Sue,

?I have a copy of my report to bring to the dr. when I have a biopsy on Monday.  

report wording--Impression----endometrial stripe in clinical history, is considered to be thickened. Differential includes endometrial hyperplasia, polyp and carcinoma. The last word make my stomach do flips.  Can't seem to get my mind off of it. 

• Posted

Well, the report states that endometrial stripe is 0.8 cm and doctors should be concerned at stripes thicker than 3 mm​ from what I have been reading.   But, I am not good with cm or mm.....which is larger in size, does anyone know? 
    • Posted

I'm sure you know the answer by now, but .8 cm is equal to 8 mm. I just checked it out online using a conversion calculator. My mom just died of uterine cancer. She was post menapause and began bleeding a few years after. She put off going to the doctor and boom was dead within 6 months. If I can make a difference it would be to encourage everyone to not be afraid of the doctor. Go and get your yearly check ups. Your family is the one who suffers if you don't. I recently found out that my fibroid is growing and i too have a thickening lining. My great grandma died of cancer in her early 60's, my mom at 58 and now my two aunts (my mom's sisters) also have issues with breast cancer and spots on their ovaries. It runs in the family. I will do everything I can to stop it from getting me. Even if it means a hysterectomy earlier then later. 

• Posted

Hi there ,

I just came across this while doing a google search -

May I ask how you are ?

• Posted

Dear Cindy , I read your post and you seem so anxious and I am checking on you. I had some frightening results too. I pray you're ok .

• Posted

Hi Susan, It's been over a year since your original post  - please give an update on your condition.  Hoping that all is well.

I want to share my story:  I'm 60 years old with a history of breast cancer (at 51) currently taking Tamoxifen. LMP at 59, had D&C in mid 50's.  First of three pregnancy at  31 after 10 years of medications and surgical procedures for infertility.  Diagnosed at 20 with PolyCystic Ovaries Syndrome.  

I'm scheduled for a biopsy for thickening lining later this month.  Trying to be positive because until you know there is something to worry about it's a waste of energy to worry.  Wanted to post this because didn't read any others posting of other contributing factors to their hyperplasia.  

Please do follow-up posts so we know how things are going.

• Posted

Well..I am going through all this too..nervous is right? I haven't read any determinations..I go for biopsy Aug.17th. Have spotted, gasie and cramping with slight pain..ughh

Prayers everyone? jude

• Posted

So Im not the only one with this issue! I started bleeding in December last yr, finally found a Dr would would see me in early March, and found out I have PCOS, then found out after some test that my uterus wall is thickened, I recearched it, freaked out, kept bleeding, they set up a EMB (biposy) and gave meds to stop the bleeding so I could have the biposy, I had it on July 5, most painful thing I have ever gone through, then had to wait 3 weeks, freaking out,but they said no cancer or pre cancer, I dont know whats wrong with me, just taking it one day at a time..

Good luck ladies, I pray all of you are in good health

• Posted

I am 33 years old and have had 2 children to c sections. I had precancerous cells frozen from my cervix in 2003. I have now, after an ultrasound, been told I have a thickening of the lining of my uterus. I had the endometrial biopsy done today....which btw was the worst 30 seconds of my life. No pain meds or anything was given to me. I should hear something back this coming week. The doctor is thinking some type cancer or hyperplasia. Cancer being the worst outcome obviously. My symptoms have been extreme fatigue, extremely heavy periods that last up to 12 days and occur every 2 weeks or so. Also have tons of blood clots. I am also considered obese and smoke which doesn't help. I've been reading online about risk factors and I could really kick myself after reading them. I'm pirating for the later of the two diagnoses. But I would be lying of I said I wasn't nervous. I have a 10 year old and a 4 year old that need me. Anyone else experiencing fatigue? Mine has gone on for a long time now.

• Posted

I am 33 years old and have had 2 children to c sections. I had precancerous cells frozen from my cervix in 2003. I have now, after an ultrasound, been told I have a thickening of the lining of my uterus. I had the endometrial biopsy done today....which btw was the worst 30 seconds of my life. No pain meds or anything was given to me. I should hear something back this coming week. The doctor is thinking some type cancer or hyperplasia. Cancer being the worst outcome obviously. My symptoms have been extreme fatigue, extremely heavy periods that last up to 12 days and occur every 2 weeks or so. Also have tons of blood clots. I am also considered obese and smoke which doesn't help. I've been reading online about risk factors and I could really kick myself after reading them. I'm praying for the later of the two diagnoses. But I would be lying of I said I wasn't nervous. I have a 10 year old and a 4 year old that need me. Anyone else experiencing fatigue? Mine has gone on for a long time now.

• Posted

Hi: Hope everthing is well with everyone.

I am 52 and still have the monthly visitor until this month. I had my yearly exam and everything come back but my estrogen leavel went from 45 to 355 so I hand a ultra sound done.

It found a cyst on my right ovray and mutiple cyts in my uterus and thickening of my endomateril of 12.

My doctor referred to gyno. He wants to remove the cyst on the ovray and do a d&C and get biposy of the linning and the uterus cyts,

I am scared and I am not cnfortable with this doctor, I am going back to my regular doctor and try a different gyno,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.