So sick of these feelings

Posted , 4 users are following.

I honestly feel like i have had enough of this today. The whole reason i agreed to try fluoxetine was to feel better for my baby for xmas and my anxiety is worse than ever. 

Infact i dont even bo if it is anxiety orthe tablets causing ut but i am waking up all night with palpitations and i feel terrified asif i amabout to have a heart attack. I am on week 10 wnd a low dose why is this happening xxx

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Star, I'm only into week 3 on 20mg a day. Still feeling anxious at times and have suffered with most of the side effects. I totally understand that at week 10 you would be hoping to feel better. I really hope your anxiety eases and you are able to enjoy xmas with your daughter . Take care Xx

• Posted

Sorry Star, that should have said with your baby . Predictive text! X
    • Posted

Its just scaring me karren because i dont no if it is anxiety or not xxx
    • Posted

I was exactly the same Star, ended up at the hospital as the anxiety caused a bad panic attack. The reassurance i got from the Dr eased my mind , so go and get medical advice. At the minute my anxiety is constant , not as bad since i started the med , and people who've never experienced anxiety can be supportive, but they've no idea ehat you're going through. Take care Xx

• Posted

I agree karen peiple just think you should pull urself together but they dont understand at all do they. If we could we would xxx
  • Posted

Star I am so sorry you are still suffering so much and at week 10 too. I would go back to the doctor and see about upping or changing meds. I am on week 5 and never felt so depressed and anxious in my life. Not sure how much longer I can try this Prozac.

Dom x

• Posted

Hiya Dom, what are you on, is it 20mg of Prozac x
    • Posted

Hello Dawn, yes 20mg. I was on 40mg last time but doc doesn't want me to up yet as she wants to see how I get one sad x

• Posted

Get "on" smile

• Posted

Mmmm it’s hard, as I feel 20 just doesn’t settle things down completely, my daughter as been on Prozac for around 2yrs now 

(20mg) and she as up and down days a lot, I keep saying maybe try a higher does....

Like I was saying to star, personally I don’t think a low does is the best, but that’s always as to be your chiose what to do, uv been on 40 last time and was ok ??? So I don’t see why not go higher.. x 

• Posted

Dom i just feel like i dont no how much more i can take. Im scared that the tablets are effecting my heart and causing the symptoms xxx
    • Posted

Hello Dawn,

I saw my doc a few days ago about going higher but she wanted me to give 20mg longer. I've had insomnia for 4 weeks now. Yep I was great on 40mg. So frustrating. I will go see her asap as yesterday and last night were the worst so far. I was foolish and stopped Prozac cold turkey 12 months ago as didn't think I needed it anymore. Now I can't seem to get back on it. Will 40mg help my anxiety and obsessional thoughts do you think? I seem to be going backwards the last 3 days x

• Posted

I don't have the palpitations but I feel the same Star. I'm going to keep taking them for now and see my doc asap. Feel like driving to the hospital and handing myself in but we have to try and be stronger. Not sure how xxx

• Posted

Hi Dom.. for ME yes it did the higher I went, the more things settled down, it tuk 3mths to get up to 60mg for me, and even my doc said that I was looking the best he had seen me for a long while, so that was good, and I did feel better as well....

I didn’t ask to go higher, I had to see my doc once a month to see how I was, and he just said would I like to try higher, so that we can settle it down more, and I didn’t hesitate, as I New I wanted to feel good again, so after 7+ months, I feel all as settled down good, and I hope it does stay that way x 

• Posted

Dawn it is great to hear a success story. I'll see my doctor about increasing my dose. Did you have insomnia? If so how long did it last?

Dom x

• Posted

Iv still have insomnia, didn’t get to sleep till 4.20 last nite, then woke at 5.10 and that was it, always crap for me at nite... BUT mines as been like it for over two years now, so can’t be the Prozac as only been on it 7+ months ...

I use to be on trazadone b4 Prozac for 15 yrs and for me that was brill, no side effects and you had to take at nite as they made you sleep yeah.. but they stopped working for me, and ever since Iv come if trazadone Iv not sleeped at all, Iv been trying nytol herbel sleep tablets, and they not to bad, but even with them I don’t sleep all nite, still awake a lot..

The only ones that we’re good for me was from the doc, but he only gave me two weeks worth as he said don’t like giving any longer then that, so back to nytol ones 😏xx

• Posted

Hello Dawn,

Oh wow, I cannot imagine insomnia for so long. It is driving me nuts. Even tho' Trazodone stopped working did it still make you sleep? I heard you can take a small dose with Prozac to help with insomnia. My doc is looking in to it. Is it okay to take the herbal stuff? I thought you couldn't take valerian with Prozac so have stayed clear. Would be great to know that you can. Having said that I am going through boxes of camomile tea which does seem to calm me a little. I slept like a baby the last time I was on Prozac so am hoping that will happen again. Have just been reading about the "5th week blip" so guess I just have to get on with it. My doc gave me some sleeping tablets too but they only seem to work if I use them now and again - Zopiclone.

Did you have to take Trazodone a few times a day or was it just at night?

I'll ditch Prozac if I don't get some sleep soon x

• Posted

Lol beleave me it’s hard to know your going to bed and not going to have a full sleep, Iv told my doc time and time again that it’s does my head in, but they just don’t really seem to botherd, as I don’t think any one does unless your going through this.. I told him I was taking herbel sleep tablets and he didn’t say I should not, just that they don’t work as good..

I stopped trazadone because after I’d been asleep a few hours I woke up and was very agitated, kicking my legs around, and couldn’t keep still, so after around 6mth I went to the doc as it was happening every nite, and it keeped me a wake with it, that’s when he told me that my body was going against the drug and no longer working, hence Prozac ... I use to take them at nite only, as I’ll always remeber the first time I tuk trazadone about two hours b4 I went to bed, within 30min of taking it I could climb up the staires, as felt like I was REALLY drunk, so after that I waited till I was in bed, and ready to sleep, as by then your not moving and you sleep all nite, it was just trying to walk around after taking it that made you feel drunk.. but in bed it’s fine xx

• Posted

Hello Dawn,

Wow, just amazing that you're doing great on Prozac without good sleep. I guess the docs won't give you anything as they're all so addictive. I might try Nytol herbal too. I'm avoiding the Zopiclone as much as possible. What was your daily dose of Trazodone? Coincedence but I was originally supposed to go on it this time but took my prozac instead and the doc went along with it. Might have made the wrong call as I now dream of sleep. Just don't get why I can't sleep this time around. Day 31 tomorrow so I suppose it is still early days. Just worried I'll be addicted to diazepam by the time the Prozac kicks in.

I'm in awe of how you handle your sleep issues. You sound so positive!

Dom x

• Posted

THank you Dom.. but I really don’t have much chiose in the mater, when it comes to sleep, I’d love to go to bed and then sleep all nite, after 2 yrs Iv got use to it, if that’s the word, at the start I was going craze with not able to sleep, and my depression went in to a deep black hole, since Prozac as worked at least I’m good through the day, which is a defo bonus, if my sleep was good I’d be great then ...

I was put on 300mg of trazadone, which were 150mg each tablet, so I always tuk 2 at nite, within the last 6 months of taking trazadone, I would take one tablet at nite just to get me to sleep, then if I woke in the nite, which I did towards the end I’d take the other tablet, and within 10min I was back to sleep untill the morning ...

It was good med, and did help my depression, and you new that when you go to bed u would sleep all nite... if you do go on it just be aware of that feeling  if you take it in the day, as it does say you can take it in the morning.... but noooooo way could I do, I learnt to take it once i was in bed, I would of never come of trazadone if it hadn’t stopped working, as I was ok with it, but which ever you decide to do good luk, you can take it with Prozac I think maybe a lower dose for sleep, if you get offed that it’s worth a try, as for all those years I tuk it, never once had any issue with sleep xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.