So sick of these feelings

Posted , 4 users are following.

I honestly feel like i have had enough of this today. The whole reason i agreed to try fluoxetine was to feel better for my baby for xmas and my anxiety is worse than ever. 

Infact i dont even bo if it is anxiety orthe tablets causing ut but i am waking up all night with palpitations and i feel terrified asif i amabout to have a heart attack. I am on week 10 wnd a low dose why is this happening xxx

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya chic, ow I’m so sorry your feeling this way, not nice when you do... like we’ve always spoke, we are all different, and this med can effect us all in different ways, maybe talk to your doc and see where to go... personally I think the does is to low, to feel the benifit of Prozac, at 20mg I was still not good, and was having up and down days, it wasn’t untill I went up, that I felt the best and the days evened out... 

I know you’ve tried it but couldn’t cope, but unfortunately we have to fight the symptoms we get with Prozac, and push on the best you can,  but for you I’m not sure what’s best, maybe your doc will, please sit and talk to them, it’s always hard to start a new med, but just maybe that’s how you have to go, I’m not sure...

I myself couldn’t or wouldn’t want to come of Prozac now, as Iv got pass your stage and feel happy for once..

So near to Xmas chic, I know it’s very hard wen some one says try and get on, as all you want to say is get lost, as u don’t want to put on this front and smile..

All you can do is get through this Xmas, then please go and talk to your doc again, and see how you go, good luck and let us know how it goes big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

I have spoken to her dawn and she has given me propranalol to try and stop the palpitations. Have u ever tried them xxx
    • Posted

No chic Iv not, are they a form of  Betablockers ?? ... as they slow the heart rate down abit,,,

Xx

• Posted

Yes i hope they help. They come with a whole host of side effects aswel tho xxx
    • Posted

Most meds have side effects any way, I take 32 tablets a day for all my other health problems, and if I read up on all the side effect I wouldn’t take them lol... but got to take them if I’m going to feel better, that’s how I see it, then my body just adjust to them all... well let’s hope your ok on them and it works, have a lovely Xmas and do enjoy it for your daughter at least big hug🤗xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.