So Tired

Posted , 9 users are following.

Is it just me or does anyone else battle with extreme fatigue. I mean it is unreal! I can wake up and feel relatively fine, (for what fine is anymore these days) and then all of a sudden out of no where I will feel the uncontollable urge to go to sleep. I mean literally I am leaning over dozing off to sleep. I can't keep my eyes open. And to add to it, I have small children who still wake up in the middle of the night. If I take a nap in the middle of the day I wake up feeling strange and crazy and I usually am sorry that I took the nap in the first place! Is there no place of comfort or solace in all of this? Sorry just needed to vent. Hope you all are having a better day.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I started walking more it helps a great deal I know how you are feeling I use to dose off as well but getting a few walks a week helps out
  • Posted

hello sha, this sounds so familliar....extreme fatigue, heavy , jellyish legs...i doze off too all the time

my son and husband leave me sitting ib the car wherever they have work, i dont go along with them coz i cant climb steps...i wait in the car and they come and wake me !

i like to lie down and watch TV but its such a struggle to keep my eyes open !

• Posted

I'm fine if I can get a good night's sleep. Trouble is I can't remember when that last happened!

I have not one but two 'frozen' shoulders. I manage 1-2 hours sleep before one or both wake me up. Then it's half an hour of fidgeting before I'm comfy again.

Every so often I am SO exhausted I do sleep - but it is not refreshing sleep. If I try to nap during the day, when I wake I am like a zombie for the rest of the day. cry

I can't help feeling, if men went through this, we'd have a cure by now!

So pleased you lovely ladies are out there. It does help a lot, to know I am not alone.

• Posted

Yes I agree things would be a lot easier if they could just get a taste of what we go through.
  • Posted

I have been battling that the last few weeks. That crashing fatigue comes out of nowhere. You are right about the naps, if I doze off, I jolt out my sleep within 15 to 30 minutes and I feel terrible. It seems like everything at this point is hard to deal with.
    • Posted

Yes! Sometimes I wake up from a nap and feel like I've been hit by a train. It's so depressing!
  • Posted

I have issues with fatigue also. I need to get 9 hours of sleep during the night and feel ready for bed again by 7 pm. Exercise helps to clear my head and gets rid of that foggy brain but still makes me feel very tired and I feel like a nap afterwards. I am taking iron supplements which help me get through the day without falling asleep at work but at the end of the day I am shattered. If I have no plans on weekends or holidays,I spend most of it sleeping. When I do go out to socialize, I am always yawning. I have just learned to give in to my body when it's telling me it's had enough. I generally feel a bit better after a marathon sleepathon.
    • Posted

I wish I could have a sleepathon but I have small kids who wake up at night. It's hard getting back to sleep after that. Sometimes if they don't wake up I still end up getting up to use the bathroom! So it's a no win situation.
  • Posted

God i feel for you hunni ....Me too...ive just started HRT im on prempak c 1.25 and im feeling very fatigued im only 5/6 days into it but feeling spaced out..if you know what i mean..i dont feel like me...has anyone else had this experience??? I just want me back...im a single mum and have two kids..its hard but god willing it will end... Are you on any hrt??
    • Posted

No I'm not on anything except blood pressure medication and I recently started taking a bio-identical progesterone cream last week. Haven't noticed any significant difference yet.
  • Posted

Me too!  Always very tired.    Had days I could not do my housework!
    • Posted

Oh forget it! Housework??? I make myself do most things. If not I don't know how my poor kids would survive. My husband is slow about pitching in. He complains if he has to do anything. So I have to muster up the strength to get the job done. 🙄
  • Posted

I do! I get out of bed, do a few things, sit down on the couch, like now, and I could literally fall asleep again! My eyes few like weights, and I just can't seem to keep them open. This happens every day! Hate it!!
    • Posted

That's me just about every day. I get up at about 6:30 in the morning and by 9:00 I feel wiped out. Some mornings I have to take my son to school and I walk there and back. My husband takes turns with me but I still have to get my son dressed even on the days I don't take him. Once I'm up that's it I can't go back to bed. I'm awake all day although I'm like a zombie! Lol! Yesterday I was potty training my 2 year old and I was sitting on the tub's edge while she went and I fell asleep. My baby said, "mommy, wake up!" Lol! It was funny but I felt bad like gosh I can't keep my eyes open for 10 minutes?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.