So tired

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, does anyone know if awful fatigue is part of diverticulitis?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, I think its due to fluids for 2 to 3 days and then slowly eating bland food. But mostly because your in so much pain your scared to eat and your body is exhausted .

• Posted

Absolutely.  My advice is to be nice to yourself and take time to rest with fun drinks such as Zero drinks, Gatorade, herbal tea, so that you can recover.  Once I moved to a liquid diet which was basically bone broth for a few days and then slowly began adding low residue foods (white rice, white bread, applesauce, highly cooked green beans and carrots, boiled chicken) literally one new food each day, I began to gain strength and feel less fatigued.  
  • Posted

I take a multivitamin because I know I am not getting proper nourishment.
  • Posted

Ask your doc if you can have protein drinks.  They come in clear liquid form, shake form, powder form, capsules etc, comes in 20 different ways, forms, ALL can be liquid.  100 flavors. OR make your own... with a nutribullet😀

Protein gives you energy!!!!!!

• Posted

Yes,as per the other replies, and if you're taking medication that also contributes to the fatigue, during and for a few weeks afterwards.

• Posted

Many thanks to you all for your kind replies, at least I know I'm not alone

• Posted

I don’t want to scare anyone. I just want to share what happened to me during the 3rd flair up. I was in tremendous pain in the morning and I went to see the acupuncturist to help me to relax for one hour. After the acupuncture I got out of the building and fainted on the street. A stranger call the ambulance and I end up in the ER. They check everything and I am so lucky that I didn’t brake anything. The ER doctors said, I had no oxygen in my body.

Please try to eat more nutritious food but has to be over cooked. I was so afraid to eat anything that I had no energy to walk and fainted. I still eat very carefully, 2 weeks later. Puréed boiled food but different boiled soups every day. I over cooked 1 to 2 small pieces of chicken with mushrooms and blend  them or I over cooked piece of chicken with carrots and salary and blend them, I purchase beef bone broth and make chicken broth. We need proteins daily. 

• Posted

Thank you for saying that. This disease is so different and it attacks any of us differently. There are so many microorganisms in our gut and it is not easy to get read of the inflammation. Takes a long time.
    • Posted

I agree I am so weak tired with every part of my body hurting I was sure after 16 days of antibiotics the infection had not cleared so my Gasomytris did my lab work yesterday and sure enough no more infection but she called me today and said my CROSS level was quite high and that it's due to inflammation Perhaps a few more weeks and I should start feeling better

• Posted

I'm sorry my CRP level is high

• Posted

Hi ellen

How long has this flare up lasted,, did you have it before the antibiotics, I'm almost seven weeks suffering now, just does not seem possible for diverticulitis, what do you think?

• Posted

Kate, I thought I read you were scheduled for surgery.  Am I mistaken?  
    • Posted

I am schedule for robotic surgery on July 31. The surgeon likes for me to heal before surgery of the diverticulitis and possibly operation if the  “red” appendix. The surgeon mentioned that she will need to cut the colon and small part of the small intestines.

I am working very hard to stay on purée foods and to not stresses out at work. My work has been very stressful this year. 

• Posted

Oh ok Kate, then you’ll find out your diagnosis.  I see.  Well I hope you have taken some of the suggestions here to help you.  Especially the protein drinks!

They’ll change your life!

• Posted

Hi I use Zoup bone broth I don't like the taste but at this point and time l have to tolerate it I buy it at local grocery store

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.