So tired

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, does anyone know if awful fatigue is part of diverticulitis?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kate all this started April 6 I was admitted to hospital bad infection and received intravenous antibiotics for almost 3 days came home and took antibiotics for 10 more days never felt well I was in so much pain I was back at hospital May 27 another cat scan sure enough pus infection in my colon this time no admittance just sent home with more antibiotics I'm not sure that my first infection was ever cleared up ! I am finally able to function again slowly my strength is low I have scheduled another cat scan in a month and colonoscopy in 2 months if I can stay infection free

• Posted

My heart goes out to you Ellen, I'm glad you are finally starting to feel human again, I would love to feel normal again, I was at gp this morning and my mri is clear except for disc degeration so now I have to have a colonoscopy but don't know how long I have to wait, just wish the pain would go away

• Posted

To anyone out there I'm scared to death to get another colonoscopy due to the air that is used and just scared of the pain that I know will occur afterwards! Can this procedure p**s off my colon and cause a flare up I know it's 2 months out but any information from anyone who have followed thru with colonoscopy after being diagnosed with diverticulitis would be greatly appreciated The GI doc said it's necessary because cat scans even with contrast doesn't give her a clear view that a colonoscopy will Not wanting to b doubled over again nervous as a cat !! Any advice from anyone who has gone through this will lower my stress level Thanks

• Posted

Kate I hope it does also It is so hard to do anything when full of pain and weak My girlfriend 15 years younger than myself bought me size 3 stretchy short outfit for doc appointment 2 days ago my clothes are falling off me And she helped me shower and drove me I hope you have a friend or relative that can help you I will include you in my daily prayer B positive and b sure to eat
    • Posted

Hi ellen, why don't you ask for colonoscopy with sedation so you feel nothing afterwards

• Posted

I will definitely ask that I think that now that it's not constant pain I'm so fearful that by putting air and a scope in my colon will b back in severe pain again from the invasion of the scope Maybe a psychological thing

• Posted

Naturally you are fearful, but doing it with sedation is so much better, you will fall asleep, wake up when it's finished and will have no pain, best of luck let us know how you get on

• Posted

Thank you kate I've only had diverticulitis for 2 months now and I truly have been in so much pain I was praying to b taken to Heaven my anxiety and depression after a month of pain has been over whelming I am trying to hold it at bay for I learned for me stress is a trigger

• Posted

Don't worry too much Ellen you will be fine, stress is a terrible thing, take time out for your self, do things that make you relax, you deserve it

• Posted

Thank you kate One day at a time I am thankful that I have one life time friend that has helped me try to work through this and I am thankful for people such as yourself 🌻

• Posted

Pls keep I touch Ellen, you help me so much when I'm really scared, thank you

• Posted

I purchased mine in a local store that is a butcher and a small restaurant. It says: made with beef, pork and poultry, organic bone broth simmers for 24 hours, extracting all of the flavor and nutrients possible. It takes 6 pounds of bones to produce one quart of our healing broth. Keep refrigerated 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.